À la Khadijat!-Chapter-42

Disappointed that I didn't see him, I ring our bell and my cousin opens the door.

''Hey, will you show me the town now?'' she asks excitedly.

Actually, I wanted to eat first because I'm super hungry and then do my homework so I don't have to do it at 2 a.m.

But I just answer ''okay''.

''You've dressed up Khadij'', I say to her.

''You think so?'' she asks me unsure.

She wears a long blue dress and her hair is loose. And she put on makeup. She also wears slightly higher shoes. While I look like  a bum because I changed my clothes quickly before we left. A plain blue dress and hijab that is also blue and paired with slippers as my sneakers caused painful blisters. But my lashes are still curled from curling them yesterday.

We're walking down the street and it's getting a little dark and the lights are on. It looks really nice.

''So what's your favorite place'' she asks me.

''We just left it'', I answer a bit disappointed.

''The school?'' she asks me confused.

''What, no my home'' I reply.

"Hey, shall we play a prank?" she asks me, looking like an excited 8 year old. And then I'm the childish one of the two of us.

''And what exactly'' I ask her curiously.

''We ring someone's bell and then quickly run away,'' she explains to me.

Is she serious? How old is she?

But before I can answer, she rings someone's bell and then runs away and I run after her.

When we run far enough, she asks me if that was fun.

''I've never had so much fun in my life,'' I reply sarcastically.

''Aww.. I'm sorry,'' she replies, looking at me with pity.

Her reaction was so unexpected that it's actually funny .

''I didn't mean that seriously'', I answer with a grin.

''What?'' she asks me confused.

''Oh nothing'' I reply.

''Are you hungry?'' she then asks me.

I'll die if I don't eat something right away, hence my bad mood probably.

"Yes, there's a shop over there where you can buy pizza, doner , cakes," I inform her.

''Then let's go quickly'', she says with a smile.

When we get there we order two pizzas with kebab meat on top.

''And what about the drinks?'' she asks, puzzled.

''No, they're super expensive, it's a complete waste of money, we'll buy them in the supermarket!'' I reply.

She nods understandably and we sit down at a table with 4 seats, since only these are left.

I rest my head on my arm until the pizza is ready because I'm dead tired.

''No way, what are you doing here?'' my cousin screeches.

'' What do you mean, I came here with you'', I answer annoyed.

''I was in the area''

OMG THAT VOICE!