Damn heart-Chapter-41

When I look in the mirror, I am surprised at what I see, but not in a good sense. I look like a walking tomato. Funny how Adam didn't make fun of it when he had the chance.

Okay, so I have to come down first. I think I'll get sick, after all I opened the window last night,  so I'm sick... yeah...

Or just excited, after all the important exams are coming up and that always stresses me out more than it should.

Only self-motivation helps.

 So, I do.

''Rajana it's just a phase, you're crazy and that's nothing new. You're going to go back in there and be your old self again! You don't like Adam because Adam is annoying and let's not forget he's annoying. Oh...I already said that. However, he has many other traits that you don't like.....as you already know. So pull yourself together, you can do it girl!"

And then suddenly I heard the toilet flush. OMG there was someone inside! I want to walk away quickly before that person sees me but she is quicker and gets out quicker than I can open the door as if she wanted to meet me before I leave.

The girl is about my age, has blue eyes and blonde hair that she wears loose. And with her big eyes she looks at me in amazement.

"Hey...sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop...well, I didn't really have a choice, but are you okay?" she asks me with a worried expression.

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied, ashamed.

"Are you also.....?" she asks me

Wait, does she mean IN LOVE?!?

''WHAT NO, I DON'T LIKE HIM!''

''He's not that good looking, I mean yeah he has nice eyes and great hair but he's only one in 8 billion so he's not thattttttt special. And I don't find him that funny, I mean, you could give me your thumbs up here and now and I'd laugh. It's not that hard to make me laugh, and just because of that I wouldn't be in love with him'', I reply outraged.

The girl looks disturbed and probably needs some time to process this. Yes...now she is speechless. Well, I'm not going to put up with that!

''Actually, I wanted to ask if you're excited too...about the play tomorrow, but that's okay.'' And then she leaves me, embarrassed, and disappears.

Now she thinks I'm crazy. Well, maybe I am too.

I walk back into class, distraught, and make a mental note to keep my mouth shut.

But that's not necessary, because Adam seems to be really engrossed in his subject matter and doesn't have the urge to plague me with annoying questions or make stupid comments.

When class is over, my friends and I go to the tram station and wait for our tram. Maya and I have the same route and Alina and Hala are going in a different direction.

''Why don't we all go with you today'' I ask Hala and Alina.

''Why?'' they ask me at the same time.

''Then we can talk a bit and Maya and I just get off after a few stops and take the other tram'', I inform them.

They agree and after 5 minutes the tram is there and we get on. The tram is full and all seats are occupied, so we are all standing.

''Who are you looking for'', Maya asks me with a grin.

''What...nobody, I'm just checking to see if there are any seats and who's sitting on them and stuff, I mean you know.''

''Wait a minute... guys, Adam always takes that tram or not'', asks Alina amused.

''Ahhh...so that's it, you didn't want to talk, you wanted to see Adam'', Hala taunts me and the others nod in agreement.

''Don't be ridiculous, I'm not looking for him, I don't care about him!'' I defend myself.

''You must be disappointed because he doesn't have enough time to talk to you at school, that's why you try it this way!'', Maya says as if she saw through me.

''Stop it, that's not true!'' I say offended.

''Keep telling yourself that, but at some point you have to admit that you have a crush on him!'' Alina says, winking at me.

''I won't, don't worry because I don't like him!'' I say confidently, even if I'm not really sure about it.

Adam's view:

I actually wanted to talk to Rajana after school, but she left quickly. It's a shame, I thought it might be the same for her and she would start to like me.

At the tram stop I meet Tarek, a friend of mine. He updates me on the latest and asks me how things are going at school.

''Fine,'' I reply.

He tells me something about his new job and then he says goodbye and wants to get on the next tram.

''Wait, Tarek, where is the tram going?'' I ask him curiously.

''To the city,'' he replies.

Rajana always drives in that direction.

''Hey, I'm coming with you!'', I exclaim with conviction.