Bracelets [KageHina]

Ship: Kageyama x Hinata

It's Kageyama's birthday.

Kageyama woke up on December 22nd, feeling the same. He was turning sixteen, so shouldn't he feel older? Well he doesn't. He feels the same.

Kageyama doesn't hate birthdays in particular, but he doesn't quite like them either. His parents are always working, never bothering to take the day off on Kageyama's "special day".

Miwa usually sends him a gift, but other than that, no one really seems to care about Kageyama's birthday, so why should he?

Kageyama's old teammates didn't even know his birthday, and he thinks he mentioned it to his new volleyball team, but he doubts they will remember.

When he checks his phone, he has a text from Miwa saying happy birthday, and, surprisingly, some of his teammates even texted him to wish him a good birthday. Kageyama can't help but smile.

He checks Hinata's contact, but there are no messages. Whatever, it's not like he expected that dumbass to care about his birthday anyway.

When he gets to school, he sees Hinata waiting for him. He seems to be holding something. Is that... a gift bag? Kageyama holds his breath. It might not be for him and he doesn't want to get his hopes up.

When he approaches Hinata, the orange haired boy is leaning against the fence, his cheeks reddening when he sees Kageyama.

"Hi, Kageyama," Hinata says. Which is unusual because they don't really greet each other, usually just taking off into a race immediately. "Happy birthday."

Hinata holds out the bag to Kageyama and Kageyama feels his face flush. Hinata really got him a present.

Kageyama takes the bag gingerly, admiring the pretty colors of the tissue paper. Kageyama has never received a gift from a friend before.

"Well?" Hinata asks. He's rocking back and forth on his feet, nervously. "Aren't you going to open it?"

Kageyama blushes. "Right." He slowly takes out the tissue paper to see a small bracelet sitting at the bottom of the back. It has blue colored beads and letters that spell out "Kageyama" with a heart.

Kageyama stares at it for a moment, his face heating up by the minute. "It's a friendship bracelet," Hinata explains, holding up his wrist which sports his own orange colored "Hinata" bracelet.

Kageyama keeps looking at it and Hinata grows anxious. "Uh, you don't have to wear it. I know it was a stupid idea," he rambles, reaching to take the bracelet out of Kageyama's hands.

Kageyama pulls his hand away from Hinata. "No. I like it," Kageyama says, slipping the bracelet onto his wrist.

"Oh, um, ok," Hinata says, smiling at Kageyama.

Kageyama smiles back.

A/N: My one shots are getting shorter and shorter but I just haven't been motivated to write a lot. 😭