boys in the vents

*"Hello Chuck."
"Omg Maria! You're finally awake! Gosh I was so worried."
I smiled. "It's okay. I'm alright Chucky."
Newt walked in the medic hut.
"Hey Chuck. It's better if we let her rest for now."
"Okay just a second."
Chuck said reaching for something in his pocket.
"Here. I want you to have this." He said showing me a colorful bracelet.
"Awh Chuck that's so sweet."
I said taking the bracelet and tying it around my wrist with the help of my teeth.
"Looks good on you." Chuck said smiling. I smiled back.
"I'm glad you're okay. See you around Maria. Chuck said as he was leaving the hut.
"Goodbye Chuck." *

I suddenly woke up to a sound of something droping on the ground. It was still late , I could tell because it just felt like it. I furrowed my eyebrows and got up from my bed. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and started looking around to try and see where the sound had came from. I looked in the bathroom , kind of hoping that it was Teresa. When I got out of the bathroom I saw Aris standing next to my bed. I couldn't tell if he was just trying to finger brush his hair or put it in to some kind of... style i guess you could say.

"Hey."
I looked at Aris , deeply confused.
"Hi." was the only thing that I could say in the confusion of that moment.
"Okay. We have to go."
"What?" I asked him. "Care to explain?"
"Oh, yes of course." Aris said inhaling a large breath. "I went to Thomas's room through the vents . That's also how i came here."
I looked down at where he was pointing and I saw some kind of door to a vent.

"Oh so that's what fell."

I thought to myself. Aris continued.
"I never had the chance to tell you , but something is seriously off about this place."
I furrowed my eyebrows, still listening.
"Well since I've been here for a week. I've been exploring the vents, ever since my second day."
"And I see some really creepy stuff."
" Tonight I went to Thomas's room because I could just tell that he also thought that this entire place was a big fat lie." I softly smiled at his last sentence.
"Why are you telling me all of this Aris?" I asked still smiling.
"Um.. right" Aris said rubbing the back of his neck.
"This may be a very important issue, if Thomas and I figure out something that we aren't supposed to , I'm afraid we're going to have to just storm out of the place... Not that it's going to be that easy." Aris continued very awkwardly
"And I just thought that this time I should be the one to save your day. So I need you to stay with the other boys while I try to figure this out."
I smiled.

"Through the vents?" I asked Aris chuckling softly.
"Through the vents." Aris responded smiling.
"Look if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I am correct and we need to leave. I can't have you staying back."
I smiled admiring the fact that he cared for me.
"Well can I at least change really quickly?"
"Sure but be so quick."
"I'll be right back." I said going in the bathroom.

I got out of the bathroom , wearing the same " leggings outfit" I had on earlier.
"Okay let's go." Aris said crawling in the vent that was under my bed. I crawled in from behind him.
"Hey Maria?"
"Mhm?"
"I should warn you , it's a bit of a long road."
I sighed rolling my eyes.
"Delightful." Aris chuckled.

ARIS
"Aris?How much do we have left? I mean can you see anything? Maria asked from behind me. She was still a little sleepy.
"Not much , also I can't see anything ahead. It's a pretty sight when I look back tho." I mumbled the last part so she wouldn't understand what I meant.
"Huh?" She asked.
"Nothing, just hang on we're almost there.

MARIA
Finally we were out of the vents in the boys room. Aris and Thomas had already left to see something, none of us knew anything about that something. We were just sitting around waiting curiously.