Deidara

Deidara! Why aren't you wearing the shirt I bought you? We were supposed to match."

"Sorry Karin, I forgot. I've been busy, yeah." Deidara sighed. He didn't know having a girlfriend would be so hard, and he didn't even agree to this!

"Hmph, ok. Well you have to make it up to me. Kiss me, on the lips!" Deidara's eyes widen. "Here? We're in school!"

"Ok then, at lunchtime." Karin said with a huff.

"Lunchtime? Ok..." He couldn't do it at lunchtime! He told Itachi he would eat lunch with him! He'll have to come up with an excuse. He spent the rest of class doodling while Karin talked to him about stuff he forgot.

_______________

It was finally lunch time and Deidara walked with his classmates at the back of the line. Karin was the line leader and strutted at the front with her chin up. She looked back at Aaron and his brothers with a smug smile, as they were usually the line leaders. All the students are scared to ask the teacher to do it because they would be terrorized by the boys. Another reason Deidara was glad Karin liked him was because she wasn't scared of them.

Deidara wait in the lunch for line for his turn and when it comes, he gets a cheeseburger, carrots he definitely wasn't going to eat, and a carton of milk.

Karin suddenly grabs his arm. "Dei! I've been waiting for you. Ready to kiss me?

Deidara held back a cringe and smiles awkwardly. "Yes, but I'm starving. Can't we eat first?"

Karin frowns. "Kay, I'm hungry too, I had a small breakfast."

They sat at the table with other fourth graders and started to eat their lunches. Deidara ate as slow as possible to stall time, but eventually he had to speed up because Karin threatened to shove his burger down his throat if he didn't hurry.

Deidara chewed as slowly as possible on his last bite but he eventually had to swallow it. He washed it down with his milk. He cursed the school for giving them such small cartons. That was like 3 gulps. Seriously!

"Finally! Now pucker up." Karin said while moving closer to him. Deidara leaned back. "Wait! I didn't eat my carrots yet."

"What? You don't even like carrots. And I remember that because I'm such a good girlfriend. I deserve this kiss."

Deidara didn't expect her to remember that! While he didn't want to date her, she was his only friend in his class. Deidara looked around to see everyone staring. He would look like a real jerk if he rejected her.

Deidara closed his eyes and leaned it. His lips met Karins and they were embarrassingly soft compared to his. He definitely needed to buy lip balm. He heard every kid cheering and being loud. He hated his class

Deidara felt Karin pull away, but he kept his eyes close. Why did he always end up in these situations. He slowly opened his eyes and sees everyone staring at him.

"So how was it," Karin said quietly while looking down. Deidara thought for a moment, not knowing what to say. "It was... a kiss."

"I didn't like it, you're not my boyfriend anymore." Deidara's looked up at her so fast when she says this that he probably got whiplash. "What do you mean."

"You heard me, you didn't kiss like the guys I've seen on tv. I didn't feel butterflies or fireworks or anything. You don't love me." Karin suddenly started to cry dramatically. "Go away! I don't even want to see you right now." He got up and the girls around them started glaring at him and comforting Karin. Well, he was definitely going to miss... the homework answers. Oh and Karin, he didn't have any friends now.