Itachi

Itachi quietly ate his lunch while watching a YouTube video on his phone thats hidden on his lap.

"Hey," Itachi looks up to see Deidara standing in front of him. Deidara walks over and sits next to him. "Were you waiting long?"

Itachi nibbled on a carrot. Of course he was. "No I forgot you were even coming." Deidara looked hurt at that. Itachi shoved a whole carrot in his mouth. Why did he say that? He offered Deidara a carrot but he rejected it.

They both sat there in silence for what felt like forever. Itachi wanted to say something, but his mouth felt as dry as a desert.

"I might get a different foster family." Itachi turned to Deidara. "Huh?"

Deidara flushed. "Sorry, I didn't like it being so quiet. That was too random wasn't it?"

Itachi quickly shook his head. "No, you can say whatever you want. I mean, we're friends right?"

Deidara smiles. "Yeah."

"So, how do you feel, about your...change, I mean?"

"Um, I don't know. I don't know who I'm gonna be with. I guess I'm happy though, because I don't really like my current foster father. I feel bad for my foster siblings because they have to stay with him. He doesn't hate them as much as me actually. He buys them stuff sometimes. He never bought me anything."

Deidara reluctantly looked up at Itachi. He saw he was still eating carrots and looking down at his lap. "How do you eat that stuff?"

"Huh?"

Deidara pointed at Itachi's tray. "Carrots. They're gross."

Itachi raised an eyebrow. "They don't taste bad at all. My 5 year brother doesn't like carrots. I think it's immature to not like vegetables."

Deidara playfully pushes Itachi. "I do like vegetables!"

"Potatoes don't count."

"Dang it, how'd you even know I was going to say that?"

"It's something my little brother would say." They both started laughing. The bell rang and it was time for them to go to their separate classes. They said goodbye and promised to meet up again at lunch the next day. They walked in opposite directions, both looking forward to their next meeting.

This story still doesn't have a plot bro I can't find a way to transfer to something interesting 😭 I'll try to make the next chapter interesting