Memories

~ All the crazy shit I did tonight.Those will be the best memories.I just wanna let it go for the night.That would be the best therapy for me~
Memories by David Guetta, Kid Cudi

🤍chapter 25:my final decision🤍

The sunset was close, the street light were on, the wind was getting closer as the autumn slowly replaces the summer season. I took a deep breath, when I finally reached the playground. I see Chifuyu sitting on the ground next to my favourite swing and playing that same video game he played that day.

His face was roughed and he has bandaged all over it, pretty beat up and I'm guess Mitsuya gave him a piece of his mind. I walk soundly to the swing and I sat on it, then I slowly start swinging front and back.

"I still can't pass this level", Chifuyu spoke to me, his voice was low and sounded so disappointed. He put the game to the side and his big blue eyes look up at me, "please, be gentle, when you do this".

"Chifuyu...", I look down, "I'm afraid there's no gentle way to say this".

"I know...", he once again looks down.

I know how much he'll be hurting. And trust me, I'll be as hurt as him. But I can't force myself, I can't keep up, so I can keep him close to me again. The nostalgic feeling is so strong, I want my best friend back.

But not the best friend, who's in love with me, I want the best friend, who helped me sneak out six months ago to go to Hanma's birthday and then took all the blame, when my mom found out about it.

I want the same best friend, who hit me with a soccer ball in the head back, when we used to play soccer everyday after school. I want the boy, who spent his whole day and night with me, I want him back.

"I miss you, Fuyu", I finally spoke, "I miss the old you, not the you that you've become".

"I miss myself too", he said.

"And I don't wanna lose you completely, you are my closest person. But I don't wanna lie to you and pretend to love you, just so I can keep you close to me. That would hurt me".

"At least for a moment...", he made a pause and I heard little sobs coming from him, "at least for a little moment I had you for myself. But you don't love me...you love him. You've always loved him, y/n".

"I'm sorry....".

"No, Mitsuya's right. You should feel this way, just because I like you...", Chifuyu finally took the courage to look at me, "I should let you be happy, if I really love you".

"Are you going to be okay?".

"It will hurt for awhile, but I'll eventually get over it", he smiled at me for the first time in awhile and it warmed my heart, "but please don't rub your cute relationship in my face, it will hurt the ego I have left in me".

"I would never", I chuckled.

Chifuyu stood up, I stood up and opened my arms for him. He threw himself in my arms and I hugged him tight. It felt so good to have him back again. I missed the warmth of his hugs and his sweet side.

"FUCKING FINALLY", someone screamed behind us and we both turn to see Baji with a smile on his face along side Hanma and the Haitani brothers smiling at us, "the gang is back in action!".

"Can we go and eat now?", Rin whined, "I'm in a desperate need of food, people!".

"You guys go ahead", I let go of Chifuyu, "I have a place to go first".

"Go get your man", Hanma winked at me.

I look one last time at Chifuyu and he nods at me giving me a signal to go. I immediately took all my stuff and started running down the street straight to the park.

I knew Toman has a meeting in couple of minutes, so I had time to see him. I run with all my strength and force, until I finally reach the park. Mitsuya was there preparing everything with Draken and that weird kid, that always cries for some reason.

"MITSUYA!", I yelled. He stops for a second and his big eyes travel to me.

"Y/n?", he said in surprise.

I threw my bag on the ground and I run as fast as I can. Then when I reach him I threw myself in his arms forcing him to catch me. Mitsuya wrapped his hands around me and I press my lips on his.

The kiss was deep and passionate. I could feel every emotion Mitsuya had toward me. I close my eyes and let the sparks between us grow even more. His soft and warm lips felt so good to finally had have him for myself. I broke the kiss, when I was finally out of breath. We both were breathing heavily, but the smile on his face was enough fresh air for me.

"What a nice surprise", he teased me.

"Get used to it", I winked at him.

We kiss one more time not realising that all the Toman members were watching us. Mikey and Draken were behind us the whole time, Baji and Chifuyu were also there.

"You guys are so disgustingly adorable, it hurts my eyes to watch this", Draken said.

"Then don't watch it", Mikey jumps on his back and covered his eyes with both hands causing Draken to fall back on the ground.

At that day I made peace with myself. I made peace, because I realised that love has so many faces. You can love someone to death and still can't give them the closure they seek. Or you can love someone and be able to give them every piece of you.

Chifuyu might not be the one by my side as a romantic partner, but he'll forever be the one I love the most. I hope he realises this.

And Mitsuya might be the one, who my heart chooses, but I had to fight so much, just so I can have him by my side. This fight was worth it tho. Really, really worth it.

I'm grateful for both of them. The lesson I learned from my friends stuck with me for life till this day. That's why I say...

I love all of you, guys.

UNEDITED

A/n- well, this is the official end of the book, thank you so much for reading! 🤍

I'll add one more bonus chapter from the future to show how's y/n's life going in present day. If you're interested, stay tuned. 🥳