9 : Memories restoration

"William," the voice appeared again.

"Why am I always hearing this voice," William said to himself.

"You can here me," the voice sounded surprised, "I've been trying to connect and convey my words to you for long. It seems leylines are getting weak, to not mentain the barriers."

"Why do I always hear you?"

"'cause I wish to talk," said the voice. "I wish to ask you. . . To stop me."

~~

The area, being in the cursed belt area, witnessed either constant fog or constant rain. There was no time when people here witnessed sunshine for more than a couple of hours.

Not surprisingly.

Very few people lived in this 'cursed belt' area. Mostly those who could skilfully manipulate the natural flow of energies around their bodies. The rain here, just like the fog, was not meant to touch the human skins. Unless one wishes to have a skin disease and die due to the toxicity in the air.

William, the old man and Mary walked through the roughly made road in the area, away from the old man's mansion. William and the old man walked together while Mary preferred walking some distance behind them. The rain continued to accompany them through the area like a constant shower of warm drops.

"What was the vision you had?" The old man asked. "The dream, which is still disturbing you."

William was quiet for a while, maybe hesitating, before glancing at him, "In my dream, I saw my, or should I say mother's, old mansion in Zora," he said. "The place still had those gravitational abnormalities and that bluish tinge, which was not much of a concern. But, later I saw images and visions. . . which felt. . . real."

Vision in a dream. The person thought.

"I saw a child, just like me," William continued. "He looked like me, yet I could know I was not him. There was something different about him. I saw him with Mary. I heard many voices as if someone was talking to me. Then, I saw him with a person, a man in the mountains. Images faded and I saw that person, now grown, with Steve Tradis, from Eva.

"He said many things. About me, about the ranks, about the world and humanity. He said, I should find him."

"Hmm..." The man nodded. "Visions have more relation to the human thought process and the strength of mind. What you think, or try to manifest may act like a catalyst for it. The state of your mind is chaotic. So, I won't be surprised."

William, for some reason, was not satisfied with his words, but he preferred to stay calm and follow him.

"William," the man said again. "Do you remember things before Zora and Lydia?"

William paused again, "Yes, I do-"

"Be honest."

"Okay, I don't completely remember things," William said. "I do remember people when I meet those people again."

The man hummed again was quiet for a while and started explaining, while taking William to the place he was heading to. "Around twenty years ago, a fire broke out in a small settlement on the northern outskirts of Scythia. Soon, small household fires, with the flowing winds, engulfed and combined, making it deadly like a monster.

"Things happened in the blink of an eye and people's world fell apart. People would run around and try to protect what is important to them. Most of them, with their family, escaped the place.

"During the same fire," The person continued and, William chose not to question. "A woman walked out of the house with her two kids, two tiny lives, one 3 and the other 5 years old, crying over the other two who couldn't survive that monstrous fire. Following the incident, appeared some. . . beings, chasing down the chosen one after the prophecy of the new beginning was heard."