Chapter One | Remember the Turquoise Eyes

"[Name]! Come look at it!" Eren squealed, putting on a facial expression that looked much like a schoolgirl who just got a new skirt. You heard him faintly, struggling to pull your flailing, little legs up and gripping your feet to the metal bars of a rusty ladder.

"I-I'm trying!" You struggled, biting your lip furiously and ending up on the seventh step. You were about four horizontal ladder steps away from the top.

"HURRY! IT'S GONNA GO AWAY! [NAME]! [NICKNAME]!" In a couple of seconds, you saw his face pop out from above, looking down at you. "Come here," he said softly, dropping his arm toward you. You smiled and took his hand, as he pulled your 9-year-old body up.

When your legs hit the solid ground, they flailed again because of the sudden drop and you fell. You fell on him, to be exact. He grabbed your shoulders and hauled you up and grabbed your hand, to stand you up.

You saw everything. The sky above you, the ground below you. You were on top of an abandoned flat-roofed building, looking to the west. Eren once again grabbed you, and brought you closer to the sunlight... the setting sun. The sky was magenta and creamy orange, and the clouds were a lavender and gray color.

"Look!" Eren said to the distance.

You nodded that you were indeed looking, but he didn't see you so you spoke up. "I-it's amazing," you stuttered out. "I never have these types of peaceful days..." After a moment, the sun was about 50% gone. Eren grunted and pulled your arm. You shrieked at his sudden verbal action to you, and he suddenly carried you bridal style in his strong 10-year-old arms.

"Hold on to me," he ordered softly, still looking at the distance. You suddenly grabbed his collar tightly, making your hands into a fist. He instantly jumped off the roof, landing in a patch of grass. He immediately stood up straight again, and started running. He paced rapidly, letting out heavy breaths as he still carried you. You looked at him the whole time, noticing sweat beading from his temples. His depressing-running-look on his face turned into a bright, toothy smile. It made you look forward, noticing you were on top of a huge hill. "Remember this place?" He asked, letting you go.

"Yes!" You exclaimed, cupping your hands on your cheeks, smiling so much. It was your favorite place within Shiganshina, and Eren's too. You first met here, when you both were 5, meeting to watch the sunset. There was dandelions that were already white scattered all over the hill, making it the most beautiful place you have ever seen in a wretched world like you were in right now.

"We first met here," Eren said, still looking at the sun setting. You looked at him, noticing that his turquoise eyes complimented the orangey-yellow brightness of the sun. "When I first saw you, my heart almost stopped, and, and, and, I can't describe it!! You were soooo pretty!" He exclaimed, looking at you. You looked at him back, nodding and smiling.

"I was so glad I met you!" You exclaimed, jumping once to show your excitement. "My first friend, my, my, uh... What did we call each other?" You asked, frowning.

"You were my angel, and I was your-"

"Turquoise-eyed king!" You finished.

"YES!" He said, remembering. You both were still looking at the setting sun, you didn't know what he was thinking about but you certainly were picturing a 'Humanoid Creature' called the Titan that you've always heard of and knew about it... and you were so curious. Sure, you've heard the scary stories of the Survey Corps...

Scouting Legion?

No, no... Scouting Regiment!

Survey... crew... you didn't know!