Chapter 2: His Sin

Earth, Jan. 11th 2017 @9:17 AM. Rather than a simple nap, he slept into the next day, easing back into consciousness as the sounds of the city welcomed him back, though it was much quieter this time around. But it was slowly building up.

He first laid eyes on the vast sky, silently amazed by the beauty of it and the clouds floating around. He picked himself up and looked down at the life below him.

All of these people have a purpose...so what's mine? What am I doing here?

Without warning, he grabbed the side of his head as images flashed around. He took in some deep breaths and shook it off after.

Am I...supposed to be looking for someone?

Genji sighed and dropped down into the alley, deciding to walk while he figured out what to do next. There were protestors on the side of the street holding up signs and preaching their truth.

"The Ōkami is a destroyer! A madman! The special forces need to hurry up and kill him!" A woman shouted for passer-byers to hear, alongside her was the same strange man as before. He should have died a long time ago, bringing his judgment nonsense to the grave, but something has him clung to life.

The Ōkami? Sounds like these people hate him...wonder what they're like.

Genji walked past the lines of protestors, deciding to hit up a place he remembered.

After walking around, aimless at times, he found his way to the halls of Raven High, but wasn't sure what he was going to do. Upon feeling his stomach rumble, he knew he needed to eat. Luckily, the first lunch period of the day has started.

He went inside, grabbed a tray, got his lunch, and sat down. Today's special was a rib sandwich, but instead of eating, he stared at his plate. He didn't know what to eat first.

He picked up on the whispers of his classmates, but he wasn't sure if they were talking to him. He was taken by surprise once he heard the iconic sound of a plastic tray hit the table across from him.

There, a girl with white hair sat across from him. Her slight but warm smile gave him a sense of ease.

...Zoey?

"Hey there, stranger. What's your name?" The girl asked. She was dressed in a gray hoodie and blue jeans.

"My name...?" He mumbled.

"Oh! How rude of me, I didn't introduce myself. My name is Jasper, but please, call me Jazz." She said with a bigger smile.

"Jasper?" He repeated to himself, and that's when it struck. A far more intense pain in his head pulsed throughout his brain as short but detailed images flashed. Pictures of the fight, her deprived face, and everything else were coming back in pieces. It was all so overwhelming he had to put his head down and bite his tongue to not scream.

"Everything alright?! Does my name freak you out or something?" She asked, sounding worried by the second.

"N-No, it's alright...I just think I know you from somewhere."

"Really?" she tilted her head, "I don't recognize you. What's your name?"

"Honestly...I don't know."

"What! Don't play hard to get because I don't back down!"

"I really don't know...From all these broken pieces, I think my name is Genji?"

Jasper's playful and bright personality quickly died away. All that was left was a blank look.

"Are you being serious right now? Genji? As in Genji Amasaki?" She said softly.