Chapter 22: Everything is Bigger in...

Earth, Feb. 13th 2017 @5:27 AM. The air was different than it was in New York. It was a lot more mellow in Waco, Texas compared to the 24/7 life going on above in the northeast.

"Man, who woulda thought a chicken shop would be open so early in the morning." Mary said with crispy and juicy chicken juggling in her mouth.

"Yeah, and it's so much quieter too. I think I've only seen twenty cars pass by since we got here," Genji swung his feet off the edge of the building, "but what's the plan? How are we gonna deal with Inverse?"

"Hmm," Mary gulped the remaining bits of chicken, "did you have anything in mind?"

"I was thinking of a sneak attack."

"Mmm, no good. If he's smart, he's probably been keeping tabs on me."

"So it's possible he knows we're here right now?"

"Exactly."

"Even then, it's 5 in the morning. He's probably asleep."

"Please, a wanted man taking the time to sleep? Sounds stupid." Mary said, tossing the chicken bone in and crunching it to dust.

"You're also wanted, on significantly less charges, though. You're telling me you didn't get fatigued after all that time?"

"I couldn't afford to succumb to fatigue. Of course I was tired, but I couldn't let myself sleep...in order to keep Rosie safe."

"Sorry to hear, but that's what I'm getting at. Even someone in a position like him needs to rest...and if we're as identical as people say, then rushing him with everything we got is a surefire way at winning."

Mary smiled a bit and tossed up a chicken leg into the air, "well, you convinced me, full-on blitz attack it is." Genji caught the leg by the meaty part with his mouth and took his bites, "and hopefully, after we get to that jerk, we'll finally get to the bottom of this." Mary said, looking up at the moon.

"Earlier, you had said you hoped that I knew. I'm guessing that means you don't know why you're here on Earth."

"Nope, not a single clue...truthfully," Mary said, standing up on the edge of the building, her hair gently moved with the wind, "...I'm supposed to be dead right now."

"Dead? For real?"

"Yep, I don't really remember much before waking up on that messed-up island, mostly just my traumas, but I know I was dead...so I'm thinking if me, you, Rosie, and jerk come together, something magical will happen that puts everything together."

"Sounds unreliable, but doesn't hurt to try," Genji said, standing up beside her, "and in the end, if it doesn't, then I'll help you find your memories."

"Appreciate it...ready to go?"

"All the way."

With their stomachs satisfied and minds aligned, they made a beeline to Inverse's exact location.