Chapter 7

It was the day of the harvest dance, and Emily was helping you tie the corset of your dress. Guiseppe had learned that you wanted to attend and insisted that he buy you whatever dress you like from town.

You settled on an elegant emerald green dress that reminded you of your time as an heiress in Bulgaria. It reminded you of a sad time, but there was something about the dress that also made you feel confident and more like yourself.

You walked down the stairs of the Salvatore house, running into the smiling faces of all three Salvatore men

"You look stunning, Miss (Y/N)," Guiseppe said with a genuine smile.

You nodded to him in thanks as you looped your arms in each of the brother waiting arms. "You look amazing," Damon whispered.

"Beautiful," Stefen added.

"Why thank you," you said with a teasing smile as you walked with them into the awaiting carriage. The brothers were dressed in matching black suits and a top hat, the traditional look of men in Mystic Falls as you came to understand.

It was a short distance to the town center where there was lantern lighting, live music and throngs of townspeople waiting for the festivities to begin. "Are you ready for your first Mystic Falls dance?" Stefen asked as the carriage came to a halt.

You shook your head, "not really," you admitted.

The driver opened the door and Damon stepped out first, offering you his hand, "you're already the most beautiful woman here, you'll be fine," he said with a wink.

You smiled at him and took his hand, allowing him to help you out of the carriage. Stefen stepped out on the other side of you and you looped your arms with each of them. You let them lead you towards the center of festivities as Guiseppe went a separate way to meet up with some of the other council members.

Damon moved off to the side to get you a drink and Stefen stayed at your side, "Stefen, would you mind pointing out the council members for me?" you asked, "I would love to meet them."

Stefen never suspected anything, he only saw the best in everyone. You used it to your advantage a lot, but you had to admit that there was something special about it, innocent and you loved it.

Stefen smiled, "I can introduce you," he said, pulling you towards a group of them. "Good evening, (Y/N), I would like you to meet Thomas Fell, William Forbes and Jonathon Gilbert."

"Sirs, please meet (Y/N)," Stefen said and you gave them a slight bow, "she is looking for real estate in town and is staying at the boarding house."

The men nodded, but Jonathon Gilbert offered you his hand, "a pleasure, Guiseppe has said only good things about you."

You plastered on your best smile, "I am glad to be here, I have fallen in love with this town."

"Yes, it certainly has its charms," Thomas Fell said with a curious smile.

"And its dangers," Will Forbes added.

You looked between the men, "dangers?" you asked, knowing you were getting to the information you sought.

Jonathon nudged Will in the arm and hissed at him to be quiet, then he turned back to you, "I assure you Miss (Y/N), you are quite safe in this town."

You knew better than to push, so you nodded and turned to Stefen, "would you care to dance, Mr. Salvatore?"

Stefen smiled and grabbed your arm, looping it with his, "enjoy your drinks, gentlemen," he said before leading you away.

Stefen respectfully grabbed your hand and waist, moving slowly to the beat played from the live musicians. "I promise there are no dangers here," he said, worrying that the men would scare you out of town.

You chuckled, "I am not afraid of a little danger, Stefen."

"Did someone mention danger?" Damon asked, walking up to both of you, offering you a drink. It was obvious he was jealous you were so close to Stefen, but you only laughed at the sentiment, taking the drink from his hand.

"Will Forbes decided to bring up dangers while they were talking," Stefen explained.

"Oh, the monsters," Damon asked, raising his eyebrows. Stefen rolled his eyes.

"I quite like the stories of monsters," you replied, "it's entertaining."

Damon laughed, "just ask one of the council members to tell you, they have all kinds of legends and records."

"Records?" you asked.

Stefen scoffed, clearly annoyed his brother had ruined his dance with you, "the council keeps records in town hall of any encounters with the supernatural, but its only rumor, you cannot actually get to them."

You chuckled, "maybe it's time someone else had a look."

Stefen shook his head, "it's impossible, not to mention you could be caught."

You turned to Damon, knowing he was the reckless brother, "want to see the truth behind the monsters?"

Damon smiled, "absolutely."