Chapter 5

Wanda Maximoff

I run around time square, trying to find my boyfriend. It would be so much easier if I could fly. Eventually I see him swinging around, he's webbing random people to their cars and to walls. " Spiderman! Stop," I shout. He looks at me and jumps down. " Seriously? You're still trying to stop me," Peter scoffs. I shake my head, " I'm not going to stop. Something is in your head and I'm going to get it out. You're my boyfriend, I'm helping you whether you like it or not!"

Peter shakes his head, " I don't love you anymore witch! Don't you get that? We're done! You can go home now!" I feel my heart shatter and tears fill my eyes. I look away and bite my lip to stop myself from crying. " You don't mean that," I mutter loud enough for him to hear. " I do, I don't care about you anymore. You mean nothing to me," He smirks. This isn't my Peter. This is the symbiote talking. I decide to try and sneak into his head. I slowly walk over to him and he doesn't move. I bring my hands to his cheeks and as I'm about to enter his mind he shoves me away and tries to throw a punch at me. But I catch his fist mid-air with my powers.

I push him away and he shoots a web at my hand, pulling me towards him. I wrap my magic around his arm and yank him away from me. We start fighting, me obviously trying not to extremely hurt him. I've never actually fought my boyfriend before, it's terrifying. I've always had a fear of hurting someone that I love with my power, and now I have to fight my boyfriend? Peter shoots another web at me and flings me into the side of a car. It makes a huge dent and I feel glass shatter behind me. Peter swings up onto a street light and smirks. I suddenly get an idea. My Peter is still in there, deep down. If I fell he would catch me. I hope. That's all I have right now is hope, so that's the plan.

If he catches me then I will get into his mind and put him to sleep with my powers. I climb up the ladder that's on the side of the nearest building. Peter is sticking to the side of the building right in front of my building. " What are you going to do Scarlet? Jump over here," He chuckles mockingly. I smile and walk closer to the edge of the roof. " Not particularly," I smirk. I jump off of the roof and I hear Peter yell. He jumps from his spot on the side of the building and he catches me. I knew it.

Once we land he is holding me bridal style in his arms. " Wanda," He says quietly. " Peter? Is it you," I whisper. He nods and looks around. " It's me, what's going on," He asks. I get out of his arms and he looks at me. I cup his cheeks and smile sadly. " I'm sorry," I tell him. I put him to sleep with my powers and he falls limp into my arms. Shit he's heavy. I need to go back to Oscorp. I use my powers to help me hold Peter up while we rush back to Oscorp, which is very close by the way. Once we get there Gwen already has a chair with straps on it in a room.

I gently put my boyfriend in it and strap him in. He's still asleep, so I look at Gwen. " What happened back there," She asks softly. " It doesn't matter...he didn't mean it, it wasn't him," I sigh. Gwen puts her hand on my shoulder and I look down. " You can talk to me Wands," she assures me. " He said he didn't love me anymore. Said we're done," I admit to her. She looks at Peter then at me again, " You're right, that wasn't him. Because you know that your Peter would never break up with you. Especially not like that."

I nod, " I know. I hope I can get him back." Gwen hugs me and I lay my head on her shoulder. Once we pull away Gwen opens her mouth to say something but then Peter wakes up. " Wanda? What's going on? Why am I strapped to a chair," My boyfriend asks frantically. " Hi Pete, everything is going to be okay. I'm going to help you," I tell him with a small smile. I cup his cheek and peck his lips. " Wands, baby, please tell me what's happening," He whispers. " There is a sort of...alien thing inside of your head. Well not really inside of your head, I don't exactly know where it's at. But it's mentally in your head. And we need to get it out before you hurt someone," I explain.

His eyes widen, "So that's why I've been blacking out? Have I hurt anyone yet?" " Not really," I say assure him. " What do you mean, Not really?," He asks with a scared look on his face. " You broke up with Wanda and said you didn't love her anymore," Gwen blurts out. I sigh and look at her, she sighs also, " Sorry, I thought he should know." Peter furrows his eyebrows and he frowns. " What? No- I still love you. Of course I still love you. I love you so much Wanda, I swear I do. I'm so sorry," Peter says frantically. " I know Pete, I know. It wasn't you. I love you too," I assure him. He nods, " Okay, let's get this thing out of me. I don't want to hurt anyone." I smile and nod as well.

I put my fingers against his temples and let my magic flow through. Peter starts screaming and I jump back. I look at him and his head is faced down. " Peter...are you okay," I shakily speak. He looks up at me and smirks. Oh no, it's not Peter. I see Gwen sneak into the closed off room and I look back at Peter. " Let me out Maximoff. Or I'll kill you," He growls. I tilt my head and bring my magic into my hands. I move to put my hands against his head but then he breaks out of the straps. He punches me and kicks my legs so I fall. I shoot a hex at him and he flies into the wall. I stand up and Peter does also. He picks up a pair of scissors that were on the ground next to him.

He throws the scissors at me and before I can block them they stab my shoulder. I wince and look at my shoulder. I yank them out and blood starts coming from the wound. I look up and Peter is gone, I sigh and squeeze my eyes shut. Shit, I lost him.