Chapter 2: Discovering One's Talent (Part 2)

Ikebukuro (池袋) is one of Tokyo's multiple city centers, found around the northwestern corner of the Yamanote loop line. At the district's center stands Ikebukuro Station, a busy commuter hub traversed by three subways and multiple urban and suburban train lines. It is one of Japan's busiest railway stations, handing over a million passengers per day.

It is a commercial and entertainment district in Toshima, Tokyo, best known for its shops and department stores.

Ikebukuro is known for the Sunshine City complex, with diverse shops, an aquarium, and the Sunshine 60 skyscraper and observation deck. Indie stores for anime and manga dot the surrounding streets, and cosplay fans hang out in Naka-Ikebukuro Park. Tokyo Metropolitan Theater stages classical concerts and opera. Anime-themed cafes, ramen shops, and sushi bars are among the area's eclectic dining options.

This is the Naegi family's home district. This place is perfect for our protagonist, Naegi Makoto to learn to become a DJ.

*DONG*

Two kids look hollow and lifeless, Komaru and Makoto drag their legs while half of their bodies are deflated.

"Uhh..."

"Uww.."

This is just normal for the two of them, it occasionally occurs when both of them are trying to slit down their throats... Okay too dark, what I mean is, if they try to fight each other with both action and words.

Kazumasa is the only one trying to separate the two peacefully and talk about the cause of the problem, he will also get mad when things get out of hand, while Momo gets triggered, scolding the two until morning, she sometimes spanks them, giving or take when Momo needs to be done. Discipline is the key.

This causes them to have trauma when she gets furious, which includes Kazumasa as well (except the man doesn't get traumatized).

She doesn't mean any harm, Momo didn't like them fighting each other, which is why it's okay to get mad at the youngsters.

"Ugh..."

"Now I won't be able to sleep again..." The chocolate-leaf-haired girl said, hugging her shaking body from what happened.

The two adults look at their son and daughter, both look frail, lifeless, and terrified.

Kazumasa turns his head towards his wife. "I think you've overdone it, Momo."

Momo felt guilty, she regretted scaring them but it was still necessary, looking back at the two pitiful children, she needed to do something to get them back to their usual selves.

She could only sigh in the end.

"Don't worry." She reassured. "We just have to take them to the usual place they always love most."

"Ah, I see." Kazumasa understands what she is planning.

"I hope they will feel better."

"They will, Momo. Besides, our kids will start running everywhere and get lost."

"Honey! Don't say that! I don't want the kids to get lost." Mrs. Naegi rubs her temple for an incoming headache, remembering the numerous times Komaru and Makoto would lose their sight.

"Oh. I'm sorry..." Mr. Naegi gave a wry chuckle.

Yes, she could only hope this time, both of their precious kids wouldn't wander around aimlessly. She could only pray that Fate won't bite them.

...Did she speak too soon? She hopes not.

-

-

-