Chapter 12: Song of Chaos

Continuing on the hallway, Kyoko kept her hands inside the pockets of her black and white hoodie. Her lips still wear the same smile when she invites Naegi Makoto to Peaky P-key's live concert. Besides that, Kyoko is disappointed that she and her unit-mates can't eat lunch together. It's an opportunity for them to know more about Makoto, aside from being The Super High School Level Hope... Do they still call him that when he's not even in Hope's Peak? No, that's not the issue she needs to dwell on. Besides, Kyoko wouldn't think of him as just a hero, she thought of him as an ordinary boy dreaming of being part of the musical industry. She could tell because of his eyes.

Kyoko could feel his central heterochromia eyes' emotions. Makoto's washed-out hazel is brimming with pure optimism that he could befriend some of the female students in the academy, however, the central red colored eyes were full of pain, sadness, and a heavy burden.

How did he feel such negative emotions in the first place? Such negative emotions are ruining his (admitted) unique orbs. She could pose a question about it, but it could backfire and intrude on his personal life that fast. The chestnut-haired girl backed off and thought about it some other time. She wanted to have a conversation with her unit's best DJ.

Step by step, she could see the sign number of the classroom. Excusing herself and saying hello to other students, she saw Shinobu sitting at her desk surfing through her smartphone quietly.

"Shinobu," Kyoko called out her name.

The DJ stopped momentarily and looked at the chestnut vocalist. "Kyoko."

"Ah, Yuka look, Kyoko is here too." Esora's voice was spotted by the duo.

Yuka pops up from the doorframe. "Hello, you two!" The video jockey waves. "Neh Kyoko. I thought you were going to invite Naegi-kun to our concert?" She reminded the chestnut girl.

"Don't worry, I ran into Naegi-kun when I was looking for him." She divulges.

"How lucky~." Esora giggled.

"I don't know. That must be a coincidence for us to run into each other." Kyoko stated.

"What do you mean?" Yuka confusingly inquired.

"We almost bumped into each other a few minutes ago." She starts to explain. "He's holding a bento because Naegi-kun said that he didn't eat much breakfast, even though the bell hasn't rung yet."

"Oh, did you ask him to join us at the cafeteria?" Esora gestures with her finger to her lips when she asks Kyoko. "I want to hang out with Naegi-kun with us and get to know more about him better."

"That sounds great!" The blonde VJ beamed, pumping her fist with stars in her grayish-blue eyes.

"Unfortunately, we can't," Kyoko informed, shaking her head twice. "He wanted to be alone for now. I can't blame him when he's the only male student here."

"Aww..." Both Esora and Yuka sulk.

"Don't worry, when the time comes, we'll invite him soon enough," Kyoko claimed.

"Eh." Shinobu only shrugs.

"What are you looking at, Shinobu?" Esora curiously peeks behind the dual-haired kuudere.

"Yeah, you seem quiet during our conversation." Yuka also peeked behind Shinobu, followed by curiously mused Kyoko.

"You said you wanted to know more about Naegi-kun, right?" She clarified. "Well, I looked through the web to learn more about DJ Clover and his DJ unit, Sound Voltex."

On the screen is the webpage information about Sound Voltex, starting with its members.

"I see." Esora looked pleased with what Peaky P-key's DJ had been doing.