Chapter 4.5: Detective's Iron Mask

Right before the GLOBAL RING THEATRE where is the DJ unit: Sound Voltex participating in a special event, this six P.M. At the beginning of nighttime, we look at the girls' dormitory at Hope's Peak Academy.

Hm? What's that? What is Hope's Peak Academy you say? Well, buckle up ladies and gentlemen cuz we are going on a ride!

Hope's Peak Academy (希望ヶ峰学園 Kibōgamine Gakuen), also known as Hope's Peak High School, was a school located in the center of a large city, Bunkyo, Tokyo.

Hope's Peak Academy was a government-sanctioned co-ed private city-center high school with boarding facilities founded several decades ago. The school was founded by Izuru Kamukura to develop and research the talents of exceptional high school-age children known as Super High School Students. Unlike a typical high school, the students did not have to participate in entrance exams but instead were scouted by the school itself as Super High School Level experts in their field, except for the Super High School Level Lucky Student whose talent was determined by winning a lottery draw.

Before being scouted, the students had to have already been attending another high school by requirement, meaning they were at a minimum of 16 years old. Rather than typical school studies, students of Hope's Peak Academy were encouraged to develop their talents, with a practical exam in September halfway through each school year, where they would be required to demonstrate their ability. These practical exams were judged by dignitaries and experts and widely reported by the media to give Hope in the future to the nation, and failure could mean expulsion. Super High School Students who successfully graduated from Hope's Peak Academy had the reputation of being guaranteed success in life, with many Hope's Peak graduates holding high positions in every field of the professional world.

Originally exclusive to those with Ultimate abilities, the school later developed a preparatory school-style second facility upon the school grounds known as the Reserve Course to fund the school's research. Reserve Course students were not scouted and instead took an entrance exam to attend. Successful applicants had to pay a high tuition fee, which would fund the Super High School students' education. Although the Reserve Course technically functioned as a normal - if exclusive - high school, the opportunity to attend was highly competitive due to the brand recognition of the school and the Main Course's reputation for producing future pioneers. It was said that an exceptional student from the Reserve Course may one day be transferred to the Main Course, although no Reserve Course student ever achieved this feat.

The main campus of Hope's Peak Academy was diamond-shaped and approximately the size of four regular high schools. It was divided into quarters, with the East side containing the facilities and classrooms for Ultimate students, the North side containing the old school building, and the West side containing the Reserve Course buildings. The Southside housed the Main Course's dormitories and their living necessities, such as a convenience store, a bookstore, and other shops. The central plaza acted as a common area.

The Old School Building is located in the North Quarter. It was essentially a self-contained unit containing all the facilities needed for a high-end live-in school: several classrooms over 5 floors, dormitories, a gymnasium, a large catering kitchen and dining room, a library, swimming pool, several restrooms, a laboratory housing an air purifier, a small school store, a trash room with an incinerator, a greenhouse, and a bathhouse with a sauna.

Opened in the 78th year of running the school, the New School Building is a tall tower-like structure with many floors that cascade near the upper levels. Main Course students were transferred from the Old School Building into the newer one after its construction was completed.

The Courtyards of Hope's Peak Academy are scattered throughout and are noted to be decorated with fountains and small grounds-keeping sheds.

The Reserve Course is located in the West Quarter of the campus, this is where the Reserve Course students study. The main building is a small imitation of the original building, it is rectangular with a small cone in the middle. Behind the main building is a huge L building where it can accommodate thousands of students. Unlike the Super Level High School Students, who could choose to attend class, the Reserve Course attendance was mandatory and treated like normal school for them. Reserve Course students likely enrolled so they could have the prestige of having attended Hope's Peak.