seven

꧁꧂

alara was walking with neteyam at lo'ak, neteyam had to listen to all about lo'ak had done it, because lo'ak had to tell just about everyone and anyone who would listen.

alara found it amusing how obsessed the boy was with his accomplishment. although she never complained about having to listen through him telling the story, because she was beyond proud of him.

alara was in the middle of neteyam and lo'ak, she had linked arms with both of them. she was skipping while the other two just walked normally. "and then while i was under i swear i almost missed it, but then i got it, and it wasn't even that much of a struggle" lo'ak explained.

of course alara had heard this before, since according to lo'ak she had to be there everytime he told the story. which was confusing to alara since she didn't do anything besides throw the shell, but didn't even bother saying that, and just went along with it.

as they were walked down the beach, alara noticed her brother and a few of his friends, at first she was under the impression they were just having a chat with kiri, but after looking harder she realised they weren't just talking. they were making fun of her.

it pissed alara off that her brother would do something as shitty as this, but she even expected better from roxto since he was just as much like a brother as ao'nung was.

the three looked at each other and began walking down the beach faster.
"ao'nung! roxto! what are you doing?" she yelled from where she was walking behind lo'ak and neteyam.

"go away" ao'nung said. "you shouldn't be hanging out with these freaks anyways, look at them" he held up kiri's hand.

"they have demon blood"

"shut up!" alara warned. neteyam and lo'ak walked up, lo'ak grabbed kiri arms pulling her away. before walking up the beach

"Back off. Now" neteyam said,turning around to walk back up with others. alara checked kiri was okay. although they all thought that was the end of it, of course- ao'nung had to go run his big mouth again

"they're freaks all of them" ao'nung said as the group walked away. alara knew it was best to just ignore it, but lo'ak thought differently.

he turned around, "lo'ak" neteyam warned. lo'ak gave his brother a look, "ive got this." lo'ak assured.

"lo'ak.." alara muttered stepping forward. she wasn't fully convinced the boy did have it. actually she wasn't convinced at all, but there was not much she could do.

either way he gave her a reassuring looking causing her to step back and sigh she was not going to fight him on this, so she just stood there letting lo'ak do his thing.

"yeah i know my hand is funny" lo'ak help up this extra finger, as he walked down to face them "im a freak."

alara tilted her head, wondering where he was going with this but she didn't like the way he was talking about himself. he had become one of her best friends and she didn't like that he thought of himself that way.

but she was wrong, it was a setup.

"but it can do something really cool, watch"