eleven

꧁꧂

"do you try and scare the eywa out of us alara?" ronal said to herself, it took them hours to find her, and unfortunately for alara, it was ronal who did.

the reason i say unfortunately is because ronal had been scared more then she could put into words, she had everyone on the island looking for her daughter.

she had even begged the sully family, not that she needed to, by the slight mention that alara was missing every single member of the family was out of their seats on their way to look for her.

lo'ak wouldn't admit it, but those words made his heart drop. a thousand words of worry ran through his mind. was it his fault somehow?

neteyam saw the younger as a sister, he was just as scared as he was when lo'ak was missing. everyone knew he saw the girl as a younger sister, he protected her with everything he had.

kiri almost cried, the girl had been her rock and support system from the moment she arrived.

tuk was just scared, she didn't really understand what had happened but alara was in danger and that was enough to terrify her.

jake was petrified, to almost lose his son and then to almost lose whom he also saw as a daughter was terrifying.

alara didn't know this. she didn't know she had all these people terrified that they might have lost here.

she had fallen asleep when she was found. ronal cried carrying her daughter back down to the island as alara slept in her arms.

jake was standing there with lo'ak and neteyam when ronal walked out. jake almost sighed of relief, he rushed up to take the girl from ronals arms, she was pregnant.

"i got her, its okay" jake whispered to the mother. lo'ak grabbed neteyams arm. "i thought i- we lost her" he said, letting out a deep breath.

"i know little bro, i know." neteyam placed his arm around lo'aks shoulder. "she is okay though, shes just sleeping" he said.

"she probably went out to clear her mind, and fell asleep. okay? she wasn't going anywhere" neteyam comforted his brother. even though the blood on alara's forehead said different he knew his brother, he needed it, he needed the comfort  and neteyam was the only one of the kids who had enough common sense to make this understandable right now.

although he was angry that she scared the fuck out of him, he couldn't stand the idea of her being hurt. she was apart of his family whether the others thought so too. they were family. and if he lost her he would break.

"come on, lets go eat, she will wake up soon" jake said. lo'ak was happy she was okay, he didn't know what he would do with himself if she wasn't but he also dreaded the moment she woke up.

because it was the moment he would have to pretend he didn't care and not talk to her. he shook the thoughts off and walked back to their pod. neteyam watched his brother in confusion.

he couldn't bring himself to leave her at a time like this,  it would be like leaving kiri, tuk or lo'ak. and he refused to do so

he thought that they were going to stay close by until alara woke up, but obviously his brother had other plans. neteyam ignore it, sitting on a the floor close to alara's pod, next to tsireya and ao'nung, despite his lack of enthusiasm to sit next to him.

"do you have any idea why she was in the forest?" tsireya asked, neteyam thought about it. but he had no idea. he didn't think anything had happened that wouldve caused her to run off like that.

ao'nung hung his head, his cheeks falling a light shade of red. making tsireya look between her brother and neteyam. "ao'nung?"

"no." he lifted his head, guilt filling his stomach as soon as the words fell off his tongue. tsireya's eyes widened, she was always able to tell when he was lying, his ears would go a deep shade of pink.

"ao'nung what did you say to her" tsireya asked, almost demanding to know. ao'nung just shook his head in disappointment.

he didn't want to admit it in front of neteyam. it was bad enough that he said it, but to have to admit that this guy his sister had known for a few weeks was a better brother figure then he was, he didn't want to admit it aloud.

tsireya looked between ao'nung and neteyam. "both of you are to leave." she insisted. neteyam furrowed his eyebrows- "what why?" he asked, the three stood up.

"why can't i stay, im her brother?" ao'nung argued.

"you- obviously said something to upset her and youre not telling me what" she said, pointing at ao'nungs chest.

"and you need to go be with your family." tsireya reminded, "go eat, go sleep, freshen up, i will tell you when she wakes"

neteyam sighed, he urged to argue but was quickly shut down by tsireya pointing in the other direction. he sighed and walked off.

"how is she doing?" kiri asked as soon as neteyam walked inside his pod, a loud sigh left his mouth. "she is still sleeping, tsireya told me to come home and that she would tell us when alara wakes"

his eyes adverted to lo'ak, who was sitting against the wall nervously. "good, lets eat" jake said, instructing the families to sit in a circle to eat.

they did, following their fathers rules, netyiri started plating up the food, for each of their children.

normally they would eat with the rest of the clan, but ronal decided for families to eat in their pods, since the family wanted to spend time with their daughter and did not want to overwhelm her.

the sully family sat and ate, neteyam scoffed down his food in hopes that once he was done he would be able to see how she was doing.

lo'ak however couldn't bring himself to eat, he still felt sick from the initial scare, although she was safe now he almost couldn't help but worry about what if she wasn't. if she wasn't found or what if she didn't just go out to clear her head.

"lo'ak, you need to eat please" netyiri instructed, pushing his plate towards him, lo'ak shook his head. "im not hungry." he said pushing his plate away. "may i be excused?" he said, keeping his head down.

jake looked at neteyam who's eyes softened on his brother. "yes son, you may go" he said, lo'ak nodded his head, thanking his family for food before walking out of the pod.

he speed walked to alara's pod, almost scared he would see ao'nung, even though the two made up.

he saw tsireya standing outside the pod, she waved at him with a sad smile. "hey" she said softly.

"is she awake?" lo'ak asked, tsireya nodded. "do you want to see her?" she asked, lo'ak took a moment to think.

"if she wants to see me" tsireya nodded, "ill go ask, one second"

꧁꧂

im trynna make them more chill, they finna be sad and shi for a bit. sorry yall

im feeding yall today!! double update. i just watched avatar and my friend made us miss the beach scene because she had to pee but safe to say i sobbed my eyes out.

FEEDING YALL WVEN THO I HAVE TO WRITE AND IM WITH ANOTHER FRIEND 😭😭😭