sixteen

꧁꧂

neteyam cried until he couldn't anymore, and alara just held him. she was kind of scared for lo'ak reaction to it when he came back, but it was surprisingly calm, he just hugged his brother after finding out what happened.

alara and lo'ak exchanged no words. ronal walked out of the hut, where she had just walked in a few minutes prior. "she's awake" she muttered, her head down, as she walked away.

lo'ak went to walk in but neteyam held him back. "are you okay?" neteyam asked, his eyes held close on his brother.

"im fine" he said. alara watched lo'aks face. normally she could read him, but she couldn't read the expression in his face. it was cold. his eyes were cold.

neteyam nodded, looking to alara, who's eyes followed lo'aks. neteyam sighed. "what's going on with you two? again." neteyam asked.

"nothing. there is absolutely nothing between us." alara said coldly. neteyam furrowed his eyebrows. "come, were having a talk" neteyam said.

"what about kiri" alara asked, looking back at the hut, neteyam grabbed her arm. "everyone else is in there. and this" he said, using his finger to circle her face. "is serious"

alara smiled half heartedly and walked with him. they walked to a hammock. neteyam sat down sideways on it, alara sat next to him.

"okay, whats up with you?" neteyam asked, looking over at the girl who moved her hair behind her shoulders.

alara laughed, "nothing. what do you mean" neteyam laughed back sarcastically, mocking her. "youre all glum? did lo'ak do something"

"why does my mood have to depend off of lo'ak. and why does everyone say that as if he as any effect on me what so ever" alara said.

neteyam looked over to his hut then back at alara. "okay. fine." neteyam said. "ill talk. i met a girl" he said, alara's eyes widened.

she shifted to face him excitedly. "no way? no way! who oh my god who!!" she said excitedly. "yeahh.. and last night, we kissed on the deck." he confessed.

alara's stomach dropped. oh my gosh. it wasn't lo'ak on the deck it was neteyam. lo'ak didn't kiss another girl, neteyam did.

and that means alara had been a bitch for no reason. "im so happy for you tey!" she said, alara slapped his shoulder. although she couldn't help the knot in her stomach.

he smiled. "i saw." alara confessed after a minute of silence. "what?" neteyam asked, his accent prominent.

"i saw you kiss her. i couldnt see properly i thought it was lo'ak" alara confessed ranting. "and then just to get back at him i went out with moìu and he kissed me and i rejected him and i left and it was dumb because i shouldve just spoken to lo'ak about it now ive been ignoring him and i can't talk to him now because then i have to tell him that why i was mad and it makes me seem like i have feelings for him" alara held up her finger as neteyam went to talk.

"which i dont!"

"but you do."

"neteyam, i don't. we're friends. thats it. i was just upset he didn't tell me.. which obviously it was you," alara gasped hitting his arm. "you didnt tell me!!"

"you didn't tell me you had a fat crush on my brother!" neteyam responded. alara rolled her eyes, "because i dont like him" alara shrugged. neteyam raised his eyebrows. "sure you don't. thats why you cared when u saw him kiss someone else- which didnt happen." neteyam teased.

"youre annoying neteyam" alara said. looking at him, he smiled at her. "thank you, alara" he bowed jokingly. alara pushed his shoulder playfully, before sitting back.

"you okay?" he asked.

"i should talk to lo'ak..." she muttered. but everything was telling her she couldn't do it. not with what tomorrow was.

"you should"

"after tomorrow." alara nodded, he furrowed his eyebrows. "what's tomorrow?" neteyam asked. alara chewed her lip, "my birthday" she admitted, although it always felt less like a birthday and more like a reminder she was an unwanted baby.

"you didn't tell us??" neteyam said, "were you gonna tell us?" he asked, alara winced slightly, "its not my favourite day" she admitted.

"well, then ill make sure tomorrow is the best birthday you've ever had!!" alara always had 'good birthdays' but she also always felt lost on birthdays.

her family always tried to make them as good as they could on the sad day. but everything always just seemed to go wrong.

it was days alara hated. with her entire soul. most birthdays she just spent the entirety of the day in bed to try and avoid bad things happened

but it seemed wherever alara went, trouble followed.

꧁꧂

birthday chapter next ehehe

i know the kiss thing didn't last long
but thats genuinely because i have to write so many sad lo'ak and alara scene and i just
want them happy.