fourty seven

꧁꧂

"what"
that was kiri's reaction to the news, she was confused, her heart had been broken when finding out her brother was dead, just to now find out he was alive?

tuk tilted her head in confusion, she had heard the news as well but it hadn't fully registered in her little brain yet, her mind was just blank and confused, and the expression on her face matched it.

lo'ak just had his mouth gapped in confusion. staring at the girl with narrowed eyes, surely he wasn't. it was impossible. lo'ak felt his heart stop, he watched neteyam's face go still. there was no way he was alive.

neytiri tilted her head, looking at jake. no expression in her face.

jake's face was cold, almost hope peaking through but it was almost impossible to tell.

"what do you mean?" jake finally asked, looking around at his family, his hands squeezed neytiri's.

"after, you all left. i- i didn't- i couldn't believe he was gone.. i wanted to try everything i could." alara started, tears filling her eyes, lo'aks eyes softened.

"i called ronal, she said- she couldn't help him.. but uh. my mom. she said she could try- before she had me she brought a few people back, a lot less severe injuries then neteyam- but she promised to try"

alara swallowed her sob, she decided to skip all the useless details. "it worked, he is alive. breathing, normally. not awake yet- ronal said it could be a few hours till he wakes up- they're taking him back to the village to monitor him. im really sorry if i overstepped or-"

she was cut off my neytiri wrapping her arms around the girl, squeezing her so tight, but alara couldn't even complain. "you are- brilliant- brilliant girl" neytiri muttered, rubbing the girl's shoulder.

"thank you" neytiri sobbed, unable to stop her emotions from flooding through. "i cannot- we cannot thank you enough" neytiri said.

the family took turns hugging the girl and muttering small praises, but alara felt like it was unnecessary. she would've done it for any of them.

lo'ak was last to approach her, she was terrified he was mad, maybe she had overstepped. she was shocked by his words.

he pulled her away from his family, her hands wrapped around his thumb the size difference made him smile softly, before looking down at her.

"i keep thinking you can't get anymore perfect" he muttered, shaking his head, a soft chuckle leaving his mouth as she blushed, face turning a light shade of purple as the red contrasted with her blue skin.

"i seriously- i can't thank you enough" he said, pushing her hair back behind her ears. "i love you so much" he said, wrapping his arms around her.

"i love you" she said. and he knew she meant it. the way she said it, no too, it wasn't like she was saying it just because he was, she didn't say i love you more or make it a competition. it was just an understanding. i love you.

and she did, she really did love him.

jake looked down, guilt filling his stomach as he watched the two interacted, lo'ak wrapping his arms around the girl once again.