Chapter fourteen

Alex

"What happened?" I ask. "Alex, Emerald gave you one of her lives." Martha tells me. "Emerald, you okay?" Spencer asks. "I think so." She replies. "Emerald, did you really give me one of your lives?" I asked her. "Yeah, of course." She smiles. I hug her. "Thank you." I whisper.

/\/\/\/\

I sit by the creek, skipping stones. Emerald came sat by my side. We were silent for a few minutes before she asks "Are you okay?" "No. I just can't stop thinking about my family. What they must have gone through for two years. And why? Because I was too much of a coward so I stopped playing the game. I'm sorry. I don't mean to lay this on you. Your just really easy to talk to." I apologize. "Your not a coward." she sighs. "Tell that too my parents." I scoff. "You can tell them once you get out. But if I get stuck here, tell that to my brother." She sighs. She actually thought she wouldn't get out. So, without thinking, I kissed her. I liked her. It took a moment before she kissed back. "No. Come on. I ain't wanna see that. No, not now, not today." Fridge interrupted. "Fridge, you ruined the Elex moment." Bethany whined. I noticed Emerald was blushing furiously. "We should, um, catch up." I stutter. "Yeah." She agrees.