Part 8

Word count (2678)

Y/n pov:

Me and Wednesday silently walked through the forest trying to find the meeting house for what seemed like hours.

When we left the Weathervane earlier, she dropped my arm and kept walking. Not saying anything.

I didn't know what to say so I just stayed silent.

The meeting house was barely standing. A chill went down my spine as we got closer. 

Wednesday set her backpack down on the ground and Thing crawled out. Thing made a slight gesture and I just looked around.

"I was expecting more too."

I looked at Wednesday and a man was behind her.

"Who are you talking to, little girl?"

She whipped around, "Use the words 'little' and 'girl' to address me again and I can't guarantee your safety."

She stepped closer to him.

"Wednesday..." I tried, but she put her hand up to me.

"This is my place. Get out!" The old man spat at her.

"Thing, a hand here?"

Thing ran up and attacked the man, pulling on his face and forcing him out the house until he ran off.

"There's nothing here," Wednesday said, disappointed.

I crossed my arms and kicked at the ground, Thing asked if she could try and touch part of the house.

"No, I can't just touch something. My visions seem to happen spontaneously."

Thing gestured again, "I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my mother for advice."

I snorted, "I'd love to see that." 

She made a face at me before looking at Thing again.

He touched the house, "Oh, you want me to prove it to you?"

She slammed her hand against the wood, "No."

She walked forward and slammed both of her hands against a wall, "nothing."

Wednesday picked up an old TacoBell bag and held it up, making me grin. "I bet this will give us some real insight."

She pretended to have a vision before tossing it away. I shrugged my shoulders at Thing.

"My visions are about as predicable as shark attacks."

She started walking away and we followed her. 

As Wednesday grabbed one of the old doors to open it, her head flew up and I ran over to catch her.

As she fell into my arms, everything around me went smokey and we both fell down, the hair standing up on my arms as a jolt like feeling ran through my body.

I looked up to the sound of screaming and a bunch of people were gathered around a building with torches. They were all dressed like pilgrims. Then someone shook my shoulder, Wednesday.

I looked at her, "What is this?"

"I think you somehow entered my vision," she said quickly and we stood up.

"What?" She just pulled me over behind a barrel to get a better look.

I could barely see what was happening, but it looked like someone was being shoved around in the middle of the crowd.