Part 11

Word count (2236)

Y/n pov:

After our fight I decided I wouldn't go to the dance. My feet felt like lead as I drug myself up the stairs to my dorm. When I walked inside I let myself fall onto my bed, my face towards my piano. On the bench was the bag that had my suit inside. I glared at it before smashing my head into my pillow.

After a few minutes I felt the bed dip a little and soft fur brushed against my hand.

"Why did I let myself fall for her Ella? My parents warned me about this..." she just purred and head butted my palm making me grin sadly. Then she jumped off the bed and ran out of the room.

Maybe I should clean my room.

I spent the next few hours clearing the sheet music off the floor, throwing out remnants of potion ingredients off the floor, and a few other random things. When I was done I walked over to the bench with the suit. As I reached for it I heard loud banging at my door.

"Y/n! Let me in!" I heard Enid from the other side.

I signed and made my way over, taking my time to reach the door before opening it.

Enid came barreling in and wrapped me in a tight hug. "Y/n I heard about what happened with you and Xavier! I'm so sorry!"

"What?" I questioned, where would she have heard that?

"I saw Xavier talking to Bianca, it looks like they're going to go together instead so I assumed you weren't going with him."

"Nice observation," I replied flatly.

"You still need to go though! Let me help you get ready."

"No thank you, I think I'll just stay here tonight."

"Not acceptable! What if my date leaves me? I need my best friend!"

I felt that pit in my stomach again, she's right, I should go.

"Okay..."

Enid squealed in delight and ran over to grab the bag that was on my piano bench, "perfect! We'll get ready in here."

~

I pulled at the collar of my shirt and fidgeted with my rings.

"Relax y/n, we're here to have fun." Enid smiled. I gave her a quick nod.

"I know, don't you think this shirt is a little too tight? What about my vest?"

"You look great, more than that. Let's go."

I followed Enid down the steps, making sure I didn't trip over my favorite pair of Docs.

We met up with Enid's date Lucas before entering the dance. Everyone was wearing white which made me feel uncomfortable since I was the only one that wasn't.

Enid and Lucas went to go dance so I decided to try the punch. I held the plastic cup in my hand and scanned the crowd, searching for Wednesday, but she wasn't here.

However, I did see Xavier with Bianca and it gave me mixed feelings, I was happy he ended up going with someone, but I felt awful for hurting his feelings. His eyes met mine briefly before tearing away and smiling at Bianca.

I stood by the punch bowl for a few extra minutes before heading over to one of the tables and sitting down.

"Yo check it out!" I heard Ajax say and I turned to look. There she was, Tyler Galpin at her side. I gritted my teeth and downed the last bit of my too sweet punch. I ran my finger around the rim of the cup to keep my attention away from her. But I couldn't help overhearing the entire crowd talking about her.