Chapter 49: Hyrule's Last Hope

Before we left, I made sure to heal Revali and I's injuries as best I could. While my power didn't actually heal the wounds, it did stabilize them, preventing further damage or the wound worsening. However it did appear that my power could heal wounds sustained by malice, as my blighted hand was cured, the malice purified away.

Once this was done, the three of us set out, traveling off the main path to avoid monsters and guardians. Thus our progress was slow, but we persisted. The three of us took turns carrying Link. When Revali wasn't carrying Link, he would take to the skies, scouting ahead and reporting back on the best path forward. Because of this, we met little resistance.

Finally as the giant walls of the Great Plateau arched ahead of us, we stopped. I knelt to the ground, panting from carrying Link. Gingerly, I slid Link's still body from my back and laid him on the ground. The earth was still wet, but the rain had stopped, albeit the skies overhead were cloudy and gloomy.

We were on the eastern side of the Great Plateau, while the entrance was to the north. The entrance was near several towns and outposts, which had likely been besieged and destroyed when Calamity Ganon struck. Therefore it was likely the area was still heavily infested with enemies. To get an idea of how bad it was, Revali went to investigate, disappearing above the Great Plateau.

As Revali disappeared, three figures appeared behind us. I whirled around, shielding Link with my body, however I quickly relaxed as I saw it was Purah and two other Sheikah. Sighing, I allowed myself to relax.

Purah walked over to me and I stood to address her. Purah's eyes fell on Link, her face downcast for once. No shred of the normal upbeat and neurotic researcher visible. I couldn't blame her. Furthermore, she wore traditional ninja garments, making her look out of place; I was so accustomed to seeing her in her research garments.

"You know it will take years to heal him, Zelda." Purah started, her voice serious.

I nodded, "Yes, but what other choice do we have left? Link won't survive otherwise. And we need him and the Master Sword to defeat Calamity Ganon."

Purah gave a soft smile, her eyes flashing with determination, "It's nice to see you haven't given up. But as things are now, by the time Link wakes up, there may be no Hyrule left to save."

"No," I said firmly, "There will be. I will make sure of that."

Purah arched an eyebrow in question, not sure what I was planning, but on our long and arduous journey here, I had contemplated long and hard about what needed to be done. I knew what I had to do... and had come to terms with it. "I don't have the Slate." I said, changing topics. It had been something I thought about on the way to the Great Plateau, something I hoped Purah would have a solution to. "Is there a way to operate the Shrine without the Slate?" I asked, not sure what I'd do if there wasn't.

Purah actually smiled at this, "It's a good thing you have friends like Robbie and I." She grabbed the backpack from her back and pulled something from it, then miraculously held up the Sheikah Slate.

My mouth gaped open, stunned. "How?" I breathed.

Purah smirked, almost appearing like her normal self. "When all hell broke loose, Robbie knew he couldn't let such a valuable piece of technology be lost or even worse: destroyed. So after he warned everyone at the castle, he retrieved the Slate and escaped back to Kakariko Village."

I shook my head. Of course when the world was falling to pieces, that would be his first priority. "Well I'm grateful he thought of it. At least now we can use the Shrine of Resurrection."

It was then Revali returned, his face appearing grim, more so than it had been. Instantly I tensed, ready for more bad news. "There aren't that many monsters outside the entrance, but the entrance has caved in."