snow days

while sophie got ready for school this morning, she was on face time with josh while he helped her pick out her outfit. he was still in new york since the heavy snow that hit cancelled his flight.

sophie was very happy about that.

"ok brown or white puffer?" sophie asked him. she was currently wearing a white sweater and white jeans.

"um, go brown. it looks like coffee." josh decided and she laughed at his last comment as she slipped on said jacket.

"oh when i'm done with school do you wanna go snowboarding?" sophie asked him while going over to her shoe closet. yes, she has a closet for her shoes.

"yeah sure. but i'm not that good." josh told her as she walked back over to the camera holding two pairs of snow boots.

"it's ok ima pro i'll teach you." she told him and he laughed. "ok now which boots?" sophie held up one pair of white boots and brown moon snow boots.

"um the," he thought really hard looking closer at the screen. "—brown ones." he decided and she nodded putting the other ones away and putting the brown ones on.

while the two talked about random things for a bit longer, sophie sat at her vanity and threw her hair up in a high ponytail and put a bubble braid in it and added a brownish knitted headband.

after finishing her makeup sophie said goodbye to josh and grabbed her backpack and went downstairs to hear emma complaining like always.

literally what else is knew? "and gina's snow boots are cuter than mine! and so are sophie's!" emma yelled in horror as she looked at her sisters boots.

"why thank you there from our trip to milan." sophie smiled showing them off as she walked off the last two steps of the stairs.

"jessie, how fast can we get to milan?" emma asked, getting ignored from their nanny.

"speaking of which, i really hope i remembered to roll the windows up on your parents' helicopter." jessie thought out laoud as ravi ran down the stairs.

"tragic news, people!" he exclaimed with his ipad in his hand "school has been canceled!" he yelled horrified making his siblings cheer, dropping their backpacks.

"i knew there was a reason i didn't do my homework last night." luke said happily.

"what's your excuse every other night of the year?" sophie asked him but he waved her off.

"oh, heavens! i can feel myself getting dumber already. quick, someone pop-quiz me!" ravi said starting to panic as he walked over to the couch.

"okay, why are we still inside and not in the park getting our toboggan on?" zuri asked ignoring her brother in clear panic.

sophie laughed as she kicked her backpack to the side and jumped on the couch to text josh.  

soph
hey guess what

joshUa
what's up

soph
schools canceled wanna hang out

joshUa
oh definitely still wanna go snowboarding

soph
ofc meet me in my lobby and will go with
one of my parents drivers can take us

joshUa
alr i'll meet you in 10 minutes
soph loved the message

"to the park!" is the first thing sophie heard when she zoned back in to the world around her and watched as all her siblings and jessie left in the elevator.

once josh texted her that he was in the lobby, sophie took the stairs down since the power went out and seen josh talking to tony "hey josh." 

"hey soph, you ready?" he asked and she nodded, walking out the apartment with him and after a 15 minute taxi ride they were finally at the snow lodge.

josh and sophie snowboarded for a few hours until they both got hungry. it was around 3 in the afternoon so the two went to get lunch and got to know each other more.

once done eating they went back to sophie's apartment and took the elevator that was finally working. when the elevator doors slid opened, sophie wasn't surprised to see her family having a snowball capture the flag.

"sophie great, we're about to win. come join our team." luke told his sister from the stairs, covered in face paint just like everyone else.

"if you join them you're going to be destroyed!" zuri yelled from behind the couch.

"wanna go to my brothers?" josh asked and sophie nodded rapidly as she hit the elevator button back down to the lobby.

"oh yeah, definitely."