valentines baby

sophie was sitting with her family in the living room, her leg bouncing uncontrollably as her computer sat untouched in front of them.

they were waiting to see if she got into nyu or not. she was the last one out of her friends to get her either expectance or rejection letter.

she did have backup schools like ohio state, san diego state, uc berkeley, and uc santa barbra but she really wanted to go to nyu to stay close to home.

"sophie, we've been starring at this email for ten minutes are you gonna open it?" luke asked his sister, getting slapped by emma afterwards.

"luke shush sophie take your time." jessie told the girl who nodded then mumbling, "even if we've been sitting here for awhile."

"oh mom and dad are calling us back" emma perked up looking at sophie's ipad answering the call

"hey kids, what's up? sophie you called like twenty times." christina asked with a chuckle as ravi set the ipad up showing all of them. 

"i got the email telling me if i got into nyu or not" sophie told them and they gasped with excitement

"oh my goodness honey have you opened it?" morgan asked and sophie shook her head

"nope. we've been sitting here for ten minutes" zuri told them and sophie rolled my eyes

"ok fine i'll open it." sophie decided, moving the mouse and they sighed in relief "but-" sophie moved her hand, making her family groan. "what if i don't get in." 

"you will sweetie. believe in yourself and even if you don't get in—"

a wave of courage hit sophie as she opened the email without looking back, "i got in!"

the ross's all began cheering and hugging the excited teen. "oh congratulations honey! we'll be back soon to celebrate." morgan said before the two parents waved goodbye and hung up.

sophie stood up, hugging all of her family who were extreme excited for her. the only one she didn't get a hug from was luke who she looked at expectingly.

"what?" luke asked her.

"are you gonna congratulate me?" she asked and he just scoffed. "bring it in lukey!" sophie exclaimed, pulling luke into a hug that he fought for a moment until he eventually gave in.

"we should celebrate with cake or ice cream!" zuri thought out loud as bertram and jessie came out the kitchen holding a box

"i think cake will do." jessie said opening it showing and blue and white cake that read

congratulations sophie we new you could do it

little did she know, they just wrote the words on the cake incase they got a different outcome.

"aw thanks guys! but why does the frosting look a little smudged—"

"let's eat!"

~~

an hour or so later sophie met up with josh so they could tell each other if they got in or not.

everyone in the new friend group had already gotten there letter so it was just josh and sophie who were left.

the two met in central park, "you go first." the two spoke in unison.

"same time?" josh questioned and sophie nodded and on the count of three

"i got in!"

once they realized, sophie threw her arms around his neck and he hugged her, lifting her up as they hugged tight.

once they let go they grabbed some food and sat down at a bench "so what are you doing for your birthday?" sophie asked him since his birthday was in 2 days

"i don't know really. we're having a dinner at my brothers, your more then welcome to come. i think they love you more them me." josh said, making her chuckle "but we should all do something. i don't know what though. we'll figure it out."

which was true since their new group have been hanging out for awhile and a lot of the time they go out on spontaneous hangouts.

~~

it was the day before josh's birthday and he was hanging around cory's apartment while topanga made his birthday dinner.

sophie was currently on her and she was all josh wanted to see if he was being honest. he walked over to the fridge when his mom stopped him.

""is sophie on her way josh?" amy asked while leaning on the counter.

"yeah she's like 10 minutes away i think." josh nodded and peaked over what they were making and when he went to take a bite from the food, topanga slapped my hand "ow- hey! it's my birthday."

"it's not your birthday yet." she told him and he groaned.

the door opened and sophie walked in holding the door for cory who held a birthday cake and he smiled at her as they made there way in the house.

"my brotha." cory stopped in front of josh and he stopped as well

"my brotha." josh nodded, then swerved around each other and josh stopped in front of sophie

sophie smiled, speeding up and wrapping her arms around josh's waist, hugging him and he smiled while wrapping his arms around her neck hugging her back.

she pulled away much to josh's dismay and went over to the kitchen to hug topanga and amy.

"hey honey, i'm so glad you could make it." amy told her.

"of course, wouldn't miss it. also a chance to you again." sophie told her, making josh jokingly roll his eyes slightly.

sophie talked to them for awhile and when she walked away she was pulled away by riley and into her room.

sophie sighed and slumped on the couch and talked to auggie until finally sophie came back out but once again "oh sophie check this out."

sophie groaned again as she turned the other direction as cory sat down next to me "my brotha."

"my brotha."

"what's wrong?" cory asked

the boy looked at his older brother with a sigh, "everyone's stealing her from me."

"yeah, never had that problem. i don't know if that's bad or not." cory thought as we heard sophie's laugh along with thr families

"oh it's bad."

they heard footsteps a few seconds later seeing sophie walk over with a smile "later romeo." cory said and disappeared

"look who's back." sophie joked making her smile plopping down next him me

"hi joshy." she smiled making him melt inside as he wrapped an arm around her

"when do you leave for philly?" she asked josh

"trying to get rid of me already?" josh asked and she laughed, shaking her head

"no, not yet at least. but still have a few sights to show you."

"i have about a week left. like after the collage tours i leave that saturday." josh told her and she nodded and went to say something but of course,

"foods ready!"