Time Passes Quickly

Elliott
We watch as Albert and Alberta accept the Nobel Peace Prize via internet connection. We made sure they had the best education available and they are now all grown up. We are watching it and waiting for them to come back to Seattle for their birthday. Of our five children we love all of them, but Albert and Alberta were always steps ahead and they somehow raised all the Grey families achievements. We adopted David when he was seven. Kate found him while filing a report on homeless people. She found him sleeping outside her office one day. Soon we were adopting him.

Unknown Couple
We look at the news about Albert and Alberta Grey accepting the Nobel Peace prize. We smile and keep the article and place it in the various albums we have kept of them since Elliott and Kate Grey adopted them. They did very well with all five of their children. We smile and are happy that they were able to reach their potential.

Kate
A few years ago I stumbled onto something that gave me the identity of Albert and Albertas real parents. I chose to honor their requests to keep their identity quiet and not tell who they are. David was their last child and although they didn't want to give him up they again had no choice. He was normal size and normal IQ, I knew the true reasons behind them giving them up. Both were in hiding and couldn't do anything about educational activities for their children and couldn't keep them safe. Both had been scientist and developed something that everyone was after and they couldn't let it fall into the wrong hands so they disappeared with their kids. They gave us three of their children. I couldn't get anything more out of them. Elliott can never know that I know the true identities of their parents.

Mia
Hanover turned out to be the best father and husband up until the day we lost him to bone cancer and he continued to be even afterward. Jacob Hanover Smith is running his company now and doing very well. Ashley Mia is following in my footsteps and has expanded across the world. She operates out of New York where the Smith family own homes and properties for her to stay at. She comes back for Christmas and her father's birthday. We celebrate his birthday still. His parents left everything to me and the kids when they died of what I believe was a broken heart when their only son died a very painful death. We stood by him as he wanted to be coherent to his very last moments with all his family. I begged him to take something for the pain, but he stood strong and we stayed with him until he lost his battle. It has been ten years and I can't move on from the love of my life. I throw myself into trying to find the cure for the cancer that took Hanover. I work hard in my business and enjoy my only grandchild Devlin Hanover Smith. He is still a baby, but he has his grandfathers smile.

Grace
I am sitting here watching my great grandchildren play in that equipment that Elliott insisted we have here and am amazed at the fact it is still solid and very safe. Carrick and I protested against it being placed here, but here it is. All my family members are joining us today. They are flying in for Carrick's birthday and Hanovers birthday. They shared birthdays. Carrick is sleeping so he can be alert when the party starts.

Christian
I make it to mom and dads and see Anastasia is going nuts on bossing our children around and doing a good job of it. Teddy is rolling his eyes at Libby his pregnant wife as she tries to get Christian Elliott to stop tripping his sister Ana Grace. Mom is laughing at the whole scene of us adults trying to get a handle on everything.

Anastasia
It is about time you arrived mr Grey. Where is Phoebe? Wasn't she supposed ride home with you?

Christian
She is bringing a date. She should be here soon though. Don't worry everything is going smoothly. I wave at Jason and Gail as they are being waited on by my mothers newest staff member. They both retired but they still make sure we get the best of the best staff. I pay them well just to do that. Teddy and Phoebe were our only children. We decided to just have two. We do however sponsor parents to help them adopt children. We do a lot to see to it orphans have a good safe place to stay until a good home is found for them. We also help with all the legal fees and even help in other ways no one knows about. Phoebe and Teddy run Anastasia and my companies now. Phoebe runs mine and Teddy runs hers.

Carrick
I get up and get ready for my party. I know this is something very special today. Hanover and I are being celebrated today. I might not have liked him at first and was mad about the courthouse marriage, but he showed how much he loved Mia in everyday of their lives together. I see his grandson who has his smile as Mia says and he does. I sit by Grace and watch the great grandchildren and our grandchildren running after them.

Albert
Alberta and I arrive with our families and grandchildren. We have been followed by David, Andrew and Ava and their families. Ava made a good choice for a husband. Andrew and David are both fathers, but never married the mothers. This should be a fun day. Alberta and her husband don't want children and my wife Lynn is expecting in three months.

Phoebe
I walk in with Shaw Davidson and I think all the jaws drop. Okay he is a super model with a high IQ. Mom comes over and welcomes us all and we are all taking a seat and she whispers to be nice today.

Christian
We are finally all here I see and a lot more than we expected. Today is about Carrick Grey and Hanover Smith, sadly Hanover is not her physically but in spirit. Hopefully we will celebrate all the best moments today. I turn on the video footage of everything we put together from our lives, good ones, funny ones and new ones. I watch as they all laugh, smile cry and then clap at the end. Dad cuts the cake after blowing out the candles for himself and Mia does Hanovers we serve the cake. I see Mia watching as a shooting star goes overhead.

Mia
Christian asks me if I got my wish and I smile and tell him that I definitely got my wish. It was made long before I met Hanover and he was the wish that came true. I hug him and thank him for everything. Baxter shows up with his daughter Sadie Lynn, his Sadie died five years ago. We finally found each other at a cancer family center and started talking. I invited him and his daughter. I thought this would be good for us both and it was.

Baxter Henderson
I am still dumbfounded on how beautiful Mia still is. Sadie insisted we come here tonight after meeting Mia. My Sadie is one smart young lady. She is an adult now and has moved out of the house we raised her in. She thinks I need to move on and thinks Mia Smith is a great choice. We saw the shooting star as we drove here and she thinks it is a Cosmic Event which means to her things are going to change for the best. I can't take my eyes off Mia and she walks over to me and we walk around the property meeting her family with Sadie behind us.

Sadie
Dad and Mia tied the knot at the Grey home where the party was held. In my mind they were meant to find each other after all the pain and loss they both had. To me to see them in love and happy was a present from that shooting star. I made a wish for just that.

The End

Hope you enjoyed the story.