five ⊹˚.⋆

lucent
(adj.) softly bright or
radiant.

) softly bright orradiant

⊹˚.⋆

samantha could never stop herself from throwing hurtful words towards ana, and if anyone asked her exscuse was that they just had a 'playful friendship'.

"oh thanks samantha! you could totally borrow it some time if you wanted to start dressing a bit, nicer."  Ana looked samantha up and down, insinuating the girl didn't dress very nice.

samantha sneered at the girl in response, "yeah okay maybe." she grit out, flopping her head back down to the couch.

"oh go ana!" abby swiftly slid the girl's hand into her own, tugging her down the sit on the couch to the right of samantha, brodie and press.

Abby rubbed reassuring circles on ana's palm, ana nearly never ever even thought of standing up to samantha for any reason. let alone a comment as small as that.

it felt good for her to do it, therapeutic almost. it also felt good that abby was supportive of this, showing her approval in small silent gestures like this.

hunter rejoined the group, done packing up, he sat to the left of a now sitting samantha, while jordan and norah sat on top one another on the floor in front of the two opposite couches. max pulled ginny to sit beside abby and herself. As she flopped beside her, placing her legs leisurely atop their laps, stretched out in a familiar manner, as if they had known ginny their whole lives.

just how she made ana feel like she fit in with the group, she was helping ginny, and ana knew just how helpful that could be.

everyone chatted as usual, now with ginny in the mix.

"so ginny," samantha spoke up, which was always a bad thing.

ginny smiled in response, urging her to continue, that girl is too polite, ana knew it all too well.

"which one of your parents is white?" samantha asked looking at ginny with wide eyes, a sore attempt at an innocent face.

"oh, u- my mom is." ginny responded wearily, glancing around at the others.

"that's so cool, i want to marry a black man and have mixed babies!" samantha said exitedly, like that was a normal thing to say.

ginny just nodded grimly.

"so ginny, what kind of music do you like?" norah swiftly asked, attempting to ease the tension a bit.