eight ⊹˚.⋆

mamihlapinatapai
(n.) a look shared by two people,
each wishing the other would initiate
something they both desire
but neither which neither
wants to begin

) a look shared by two people,each wishing the other would initiatesomething they both desire but neither which neither wants to begin

⊹˚.⋆

the girls managed to avoid being late, arriving at school just as the start of the first period where abby had global studies, and ana had math.

she raised her hand to attract the teacher's attention, something she typically avoided whenever possible in math class.

"miss can i please use the bathroom?"

ana noticed that the single potential stall was occupied as she entered the underfunded, discoloured, and worn-out restroom.

so ana stoped in front of the locked door, scrolling mindlessly on instahram, waiting for the bathroom to be free.

there were other bathrooms in the school with more stalls than just this one, ana didn't mind waiting if it meant missing more of math class.

although she was distracted, ana didn't miss the distant sound of gagging, even with the tap running.

"hello? ar-are you okay? do you need me to go get someone?" ana called out,

abby hastily scurried to wash her hands as she exited the restroom while trying to appear unbothered. abby willed her tears not to fall as she glanced up at herself in the mirror, but when she caught ana's eye in the mirror, she couldn't help but break at the sight of her.

"ana i, i have to go to class so just- forget about!" abby was quick to run from ana's worried look, she had an idea as to what was wrong, and abby's reaction only solidified her thoughts.

"abby sto-" but the door was already shut, leaving ana alone, in tears.

ana didnt go back to class after that. instead she waked around putside aimlessly, her guilt thoughts distracting her from the biting wind, falling snow and her lack of warm attire. ana was so distracted she hadn't even noticed the bell ringing, signalling the start of second period.

had she not been supportive enough?
how us she missed this..
did abby not trust her?
did anyone else know?

at the same time as this, a certain boy was watched her with a curious eye.

Press wandered around the entrance out the front of the school, clinging to the warmth of the hot chocolate that Hunter had bought for Brodie, Jordan and the band.