Chapter 7 OverThinking

Today was the day parents see if their child would get in. It is Monday. Twilight has been asking me if Anya has gotten in but in all honestly I don't really know. That is what I told him. I put my hair in a slicked back bun with some strands on the side. Pearl earring on, a tight black skirt with a white long sleeve button up. Topped with black heels. This will be my outfit for the rest of the school year. All in just boorish colors. I had light makeup on but with dark red lipstick.

I came close to the motel mirror leaning forward to adjust my collar. Making sure there is no crease visible. Yup I look presentable. Grabbing my keys I left my room making sure the door was locked. I should really start looking for apartments.

I'm also frustrated I did not get to perform after I told the customers I was going to sing a song I've been wanting to sing. I got caught up in doing the final touches of my classroom and I had to get my clothes, jewelry, etc from Thomas'. Well nothing I can do about it now.

I haven't seen Twilight since he slept over after that night. Sure we talked but that was either late at night or at the bar. He is not allowed to have a phone so we can not text. Oh well I will probably see him today.

Twilight's Pov:

This is far too stressful. I think to myself as me and my fake family walk to the school seeing if we passed or failed.

Yor did a light gasp making me turn my head. "My bracelet just broke. Why today of all days?!" She shakily says. Everyone needs positivity in their mind.

"Heh it is probably just a coincidence." I adjust my hat while smiling plainly to try to ease the situation.

"Uh look there Loid..." I turn my head and black cat trots by. "A black cat." Yor murmurs

"Don't be silly, you're not superstitious are you?" I felt worry overcome me but I have to remain calm

"Not really, no." She nervously smiles

"Papa!" Anya calls me, making me look down at her. "I stepped in poop!" She looked absolutely horrified

Yor and I just looked at each other chuckling nervously.

-At the school-

I looked at the board horrified at what I was seeing. She didn't make it to the school. The mission failed...We all walked away from the building. We failed.

Y/n's Pov:

"Alright Ms.Crimson you wait here while I go get the Forgers." Mr.Henderson says as he walks away from under the area where it seemed very discreet.

"Yes sir." I link my hands together as I place them behind my back. I'm a bit nervous seeing him again. He will be in his suit and all I can picture is removing it. Revealing his toned abs and his muscular body. Get those thoughts out of your head y/n! You have to have a clear mind as you look at this family!

Taking a calm breath I stood there adjusting my skirt and moving my feet.

Hearing footsteps I lifted my head and saw Mr.Henderson with the Forger family. There was Twilight giving me a light nod. His daughter Anya looked confused but also a bit sad. Henderson did tell me they did not get in. But we are going to tell them some good news. Yor Twilight's pretend wife wearing a beautiful pink dress. She is such a pretty woman.

Henderson clears his throat and hands a piece of paper over to Twilight. Then he walks over to me standing next to me.

"What's this?" Twilight asks as he holds the paper with his left hand and in the other he was holding his hat.

"Do you see the name on top of that list?" Henderson asks as he glances over at them

"It's Anya but-"