Chapter 2 Man's World

For this mission I had to change my name to Loid Forger. I also have a fake job as a psychiatrist. I dress in a white button up with black pants. Since it will be a bar and we will be going out late so I decided to dress nice.

I finished off my look with a gold watch that I had. My hair wasn't gelled down, it was nice and shaggy. Yor wore her usual black dress but with a red shawl around her shoulders.

"Mama and Papa look nice." Anya whispers to Franky but Yor and I had heard her. Yor blushed a little and I just kept the same expressionless face. But oddly looked even more nice after Anya said she did.

Franky smirked and nodded as he patted my back hard. I was unfazed by his actions.

"Loidy boy you better be on your best behavior tonight." Franky nudged making me making me roll my eyes and Yor to become red as a tomato

"We're just going out to a nice bar so you both better behave." I pointed to Anya and Franky before I left waving at the two. They were troublesome together, I hope they don't get into too much trouble

Yor hugged Anya goodbye tightly. Anya looked like she was about to pass out till I called for Yor before she suffocated Anya. The walk down the steps was quiet but when Yor and I went outside I decided to have a conversation as we walked down the street to the bar. The sky was clear with no clouds in sight and millions of stars filling it up. The pale moon shines brightly making it easier to see in the dark.

"So, Yor have you heard anything about this bar?" I ask as I place my hands inside of my pocket looking at her. The bar was called 'Ruby Paradise'.

"Oh um yes actually I have. I heard they have people sing during your meal." Yor smiles a little as she looks back at me. "But that's pretty much all I know." She looks down stilling smiling

"It sounds nice." I look at her but her face is still looking away from me. She must still be blushing

"It does." She speaks softly as a subtle blush appears

Yor stares at me as my eyes are focused in front of me. I can feel her gaze but I decided not to call her out on it. We continue to walk talking about Anya and how she got into Eden College. We both were so proud of her for doing so well.

"Is this it?" I ask as I look up at the tall red black and white building. It seemed more quaint but I never can judge too early on. I have hope this will be a nice place.

"I guess so. We should go in before it gets too packed." Yor walks to the door as I just nod and I follow her inside.

Inside you can hear a male singing some kind of song that I can't focus on hearing. The place was nicely furnished with a red and dark wood feel. It obviously is a nice space to hangout or to have nice dining. There were a lot of people here but from here I can see the stage partly.

The gentleman was singing 'I Believe to My Soul by Ray Charles' . I figured it out. He sang as he played the piano and other musicians sat alongside the stage following along. People drank, ate, or just chatted as they watched him.

"Hello, we are here to dine." I spoke to a girl in a booth who chewed gum with her red hair in a low bun as she wore a uniform that was black long sleeved with black pants. She nodded at the two of us.

"Okay. Do you want to be seated in front or anywhere else?" She asks leaving me to raise a brow at her. She chuckles a little. "You look new here so we have a singer that most people want to sit in front of for a good view. We only have one seat left in the front."

I thought for a moment. We would have the best seat and Yor and I would probably bond over it. It would be a good idea to take it. So I agreed and paid for the spot which she happily took the money from me and had a waitress lead us to it. It was a lot of money for the spot just in front of the stage but I can only hope it was worth it.