the 48

as my eyes flutter open, i look around the small unfamiliar room. it was completely white, the floor, the walls, the door, everything, except for the Claude Monet painting that hangs on the wall. my mind immediately goes to jasper. he's probably crushed right now, he hates isolation.

i lift up my body and sink my bare feet into the cold floor. standing up, i walk over to the camera in confusion. i pull away from the camera 'eye contact' and walk over to the door. i look out of the circular window to see nothing.

beginning to get bored, i walk over and jump on the bed, but the amusement in that soon dies. i look back at the camera, "hey! can i get like, a deck of cards? or maybe a book? or could you play the smiths or something? i might die of boredom." as  i speak, the sound of 'Unlovable' by the smiths plays, and i bounce up from my seated spot on the bed and sing the song, finally feeling alive again.

after my adrenaline rush, i got tired and decided to take a nap. another song comes on, and i hum the melody, falling back into sleep.

when i wake for the second time, i just lay in the bed. i dont move, i just think about my boyfriend, and siblings. bellamy is probably dead, and i have no idea where octavia is. i hope shes safe. its one thing if bellamy dies, its a whole other thing with octavia. if she dies, i die. she is my twin flame. she's the other part of me, the reckless part of me. i love bellamy, but i will always love her more.

i am pulled out of my thoughts as the door opens. i jolt up from my spot to see a woman in a blue suit, with a dome-like thing over her head. "hello, your artemus, right?"

i stand up, "yes but, how do you know my name?"

"its on your chart. im dr. tsing , if you will follow me, i'll show you to the bathroom so you can shower and freshen up, and we'll go from there, okay?" my eyes light up at the thought of showering. nodding at her, she leads me out of the room and down the hall to a big bathroom.

"you can pick from the clothes in there." she points at a wardrobe like thing, then smiles and closes the door. i lock the door, and walk over to the shower turning the water on hot. as i wait for the water to heat up, i strip my clothes.

walking into the shower, i let the warm water wash over my body. after a few moments, i grabbed the shampoo bottle and put some into my hands, rubbing it into my hair. i rinsed it out thoroughly and put a small amount of conditioner on my ends. as the conditioner sets, i lather my body in soap, scrubbing from head to toe. i rinse off my body, and the ends on my hair. i stand in the steamy water for a moment, before turning it off and stepping out of the shower.

i grab the towel on the rack and pull it around my body. i brush my teeth with the provided toothbrush and toothpaste, and brush my hair with the brush. i finish drying my hair and body, then open the wardrobe. on the inside, its mainly a variety of dark colors... how did they know?

i picked out a black turtle neck sweater, and a pair of old grey jeans. i put on socks, then the black ankle-high tops.

after im finished, i walk over to the door, unlock, then open it. on the outside is the same woman from earlier but she doesnt have the suit on, she looks up from the clip board and smiles at me, "ready?"

"yeah.. i guess" i follow her down to the elevator, and she presses the level 5. "what.. is it this place?" i ask blankly. she turns and looks at me, "welcome to mount weather, artemus." she winks. i look around slowly, extolling, "so your on the ground. you know its survivable. whats keeping you here?"

"its not survivable for us. everyone here, minus you, was born here. as for, we havent adapted to the radiation."

"and since we were born in space, we adapted through... solar radiation."