human trials

for the past two days, we kept a low profile. monty tried getting into medical to see clarke, but they immediately kicked him out. me and jasper have been spending time together, i've wrote some poetry, and have been listening to music. i asked cage about adding some more radiohead, and he said he would see what he could do, so i havent had my ipod since yesterday. 

jasper hasn't been sleeping either, he just tosses and turns all night. i try comforting him, but sometimes im simply not enough.  he hasn't wrapped his head around the clarke situation, i dont blame him, it pretty mind boggling. we even try visiting medical, three or four times a day. 

right now, we are on our way to president wallace's office, he had called us down to talk. 

jasper opens the glass door for me, and i step into the office, him right behind me. 

the president looks up at us, "thank you for coming. i heard you two visit medical three or four times a day... asking about clarke" he stands from his desk, 

i nod my head, "yeah, they wont let us see her." 

"that's because she is no longer here. clarke ran away." 

for a moment my heart stopped, but restarted when he said she ran away. 

"i tried to convince her she was safe here, but she kept looking for enemies, when she was among friends."

jaspers face furries as he processes this new information, "i dont want to be disrespectful.. but clarke wouldnt just abandon us." 

"i wish it wasn't the case." the president stands with his hands behind his back, 

"well are you looking for her?" jasper asks. 

"i cant risk the lives of my people to bring back someone who doesn't want to be here." wallace walks towards us, "i hope you two can understand that" 

i nod, "yeah." 

"but i can, however, let you go after her yourselves." 

jaspers lips part, "cou- could we come back?" 

"of course, this is your home now." the president looks between us, "your welcome to stay as long as you like" 

jasper smiles at him, and wallace moves to the door, the guard opens it from the outside, "please, let me know what you guys decide." 

we nod, and jasper grabs my hand, leading us out of the office. as we walked back to the dorms, i couldnt help but think about my family. if bellamy and octavia are safe, i could leave, and go be with them. i mean, i wouldn't know the first place to look for them, but i cant just sit here and do nothing. 

i gather my thoughts as we enter the dorms, monty catches us, and asks about what happened, jasper explains, 

"and you believe him?" monty asks.

"yes, i believe him. clarke left us, monty. she faked being crazy to get into medical, and she took off." jasper starts collecting our little belongings, putting them in a bag. 

"we need to go after her." monty steps forward, 

i turn back to see maya, i move from jaspers side and walk over to her, monty and jasper's conversation becoming background noise. "hey"

"hey, i just heard, your leaving?" maya's face fills with distress. 

"yes we are." monty calls over to us, 

"no, we're not." jasper disagrees

"what would clarke do?"

i sigh and rub my forehead, "we dont know. we havent figured it out yet."