resurrection

we had moved to the dining hall, and right now im taking a poll to all the cameras. "we took the level, but now we have to hold it. they will be coming, and we have to be ready." jasper calls to everyone. "watch out" i call, before smashing the camera. he walks past me, "good, art. let's go get those hallway cameras"

"nope. leave the hallway. we'll need eyes out there." monty says. i walk beside jasper, "you can do that?" he asks. 

"have you met me?" monty says, in a cocky tone. 

"where are we on the doors?" i ask, 

"elevators are disabled. i shorted the other stairwell locks. this ones tricky though. i cant seem to-" 

jasper cuts him off by smashing the pad with the ax, and we back away as it smokes. 

"that works too." monty says, and we all three do their cute little high five thing. we turn and watch the others as they move tables and do everything they can to prevent the mountain men from getting in here. 

"how long do you think we can hold them off?" jasper asks, 

"as long as we have too." i say. we all three share a look, and i walk over to the kitchen to help harper as she carries a pot full of water. 

we have the level secure, and now we're playing the waiting game. i sat beside harper, leaning against the brick wall. the sound of a loud bang catches all of us off guard. i stand and walk over to jasper and monty as they watch the hall cameras. 

"jasper, we are not ready for this." fox says,

"yes we are" jasper reassures her, "just stick to the plan and we'll be okay. i promise." 

she nods, "okay." 

"your right. no guns." monty points out.

"yeah, its because they cant kill us. not like this anyway."

i look at the monitor and notice something, "wait, not all of them are wearing hazmat suits." 

"whats it mean?" miller asks, 

jasper sighs,"it means they're cured. marrow treatments worked." 

we all turn to the door as men shout on the outside of it, "get ready" jasper says. 

they begin trying to break the door down, and after a few jabs, it falls. everyone starts panicking as they throw red gas bombs into the room. 

they throw a grafling hook in and hook it to the stacked up chairs. in a few seconds, we all lay on the ground and pretend to be asleep. the guards walk in, and look around at us. i hear as someone reaches into the pot of water, then jasper jump up and slice someone. 

i jump up, and grab the gun from under my body and shoot the nearest mountain man. all hell breaks loose, with gun fire, yelling, beating, and slicing. i focused on taking shots while everyone else used bats and knives. 

"retreat! retreat!" a man yells, and the remaining mountain men scramble to the door. 

"we did it!" jasper yells, and all the kids begin to cheer. "seal the barricade!" 

on the monitor, i can hear the sound of screaming, i look down to see fox being taken. she screams, "no! artemus, you promised!" 

"fox!" jasper runs for the door but but catche him, "fox, no! no! i promised she'd be okay" 

i hug him, "hey, hey, she'll be okay" 

he cries, "i promised her"

monty brings the monitor over and we watch as she screams. looking down, jasper sees as a mountain man struggles on the ground. he yells as he brings the ax back and slams it into the mans back, blood splattering his face. the room goes quiet, and i take the ax from jaspers hand. i put it on the ground and sit jasper down so he can calm down.