long into an abyss

for the past week, we have been donating blood like crazy. right now, we're all sitting on monty, jasper, miller, and i's bunks. 

"i'm tired of puking" harper says, 

miller breathes from his mouth, "i'm tired of being a human pincushion."   

i sigh, "look, guys, i know this sucks... but as long as it seems like we're cooperating, we're buying ourselves time." 

"time for what? i say, if we're gonna die in here, we should die trying to escape." the others nod, agreeing with miller. 

i put my arms on my knees, "look, after clarke left, there is no escape. but i'm sure she is planing some kind of way out. its clakre griffin we're talking about."

"what if there is no way out? what if she didnt make it out? what if thats just the story they told us to cover up the fact that they killed her? then no ones coming for us, and we're doing exactly what they want us to do. artemus, i know you've thought it to. i know you think about your family." monty sounds harsh, 

i stay quiet, not wanting to disagree with escaping, but not agreeing with it.

"alright then, we escape" 

"no," jasper starts, "we find out the truth." 

"how are we gonna do that?" 

"we're criminals, right? so lets be criminals." i smirk and they catch on to what im saying.

we hung out for a while, just playing cards and listening to music. we waited till everyone was asleep, then we sneaked out of the dorms and quickly and quietly walked down to dante's office.

i'm holding wires for monty as he jacks the door, "today monty" jasper says

"jas, he's going as fast as he can" 

jasper doesnt say anything, but miller watches to camera with suspicion. "relax" i say, "mayas decontaminating the surveillance room, right now. no one is watching." i assure miller. 

the door beeps and the light shines green, monty turns back to jasper, "ye of little faith." 

  "thats my boy. come on, lets go." 

we all quickly rush throw the door and monty immediately goes for the computer. "harper, watch the hall." jasper points at the door

"why do i have to watch the hall?" 

"montys good with computers, millers a thief,  and artemus is smarter than all of us."

"why cant you watch the hall?" harper asks 

"im the mastermind. just go watch the hall, come on." 

harper sighs, then turns and walks toward the door. i stand over monty as he cracks dante's password. "its password-protected." jasper confirms. 

"we'll see about that." monty says, opening a terminal. 

jasper pats his shoulder "and they say we wouldnt amount to anything"

i had moved from behind the desk, and was now looking over wallace's collection of moby dick, "jeez, this guy really likes moby dick" i mumble, reading over the table of contents as i walk over to jasper, who had now picked up the presidents sword. "guys" he shows miller and monty and does a whisper scream, which causes me to chuckle. 

i continue looking around the room, remembering to put the book back. "hey, i got something" miller says, monty clicks the keyboard,  "me too" 

we run over to them, and look down at the computer to see pictures of our people's camp.

"they're alive..." i whisper, thinking of my sister. 

we all stayed quiet for a moment, before monty closed the laptop and we put everything back in their respected spots. 

we walked out of the office and went our separate ways. 

by now, it was morning so me and jasper decided to go to the dining hall for breakfast. we got our food, and sat in a booth, near the far corner. i had gotten some fruit, but i couldn't bring myself to eat. 

"what's wrong, love?" jasper asks, 

"nothing, im just.. thinking about bell and octavia." 

he reaches across the table and grabs my hand, "i'm sure they're okay." 

i fake a smile, "yeah..." 

jasper had finished his food, and as we were leaving, i noticed that harper wasnt here. 

we walked back to the dorms, catching monty and miller sitting on our bed. "hey, harper didnt show up for breakfast, have you seen her?" i ask them, 

they shake their heads, "no not since dante's office," 

"so where the hell is she?"