coup de grace

for the past few days, jasper has been stressing like crazy. And quite frankly, so have i. not only for monty's disappearance but also for the fact that we might not make it out of this mountain alive. 

me, maya, and jasper are sitting in the dining hall. his leg bounces up and down, "montys been missing for two days. harper longer than that." 

"jas," i put my hand on his leg, "we'll keep looking. we'll find them." 

"we all know where they are." 

"maya checked the harvest chamber last night-" 

"check it again!" jasper shouts, earning a few glances. 

"they took my best friend." he says, on the verge of tears. i grab his hand, and squeeze it. he looks at the ground, and i share a look with maya, "all right. i'll check again. but, you guys have to act like nothings wrong. like everythings okay." 

"dont do anything stupid." she stands up and walks out of the dining hall. 

"everythings okay, everythings okay," jasper looks in the direction maya had left from, "everythings... not okay."  "time to do something stupid" he stands up, and i follow his action, grabbing his hand and walking down the hall. 

we neared dante's office, the guard looked at us as we entered. jasper clears his throat, "president wallace? can we talk?"

"what's on your mind, kids?"

"our friends." i state simply. 

"what about them?" dante asks, oblivous.

"two of them are missing. one of them is monty-"

"tell us where they are." jasper cuts me off. 

"i dont know what your-"

"stop lying to us!" jasper shouts, losing his temper. 

"excuse me?"

"you lied about there not being any survivors from the ark. you lied about maya's accident. i dont even know how many lies you told about clarke!"

"please jasper, sit down and we-"

"no!" in a swift movement, jasper picks up the sword on his deck and removes the sleeve, pressing it to his neck. "your gonna tell us the truth."

"jasper, please. put down the sword." the president says, 

"why should i? so i can disappear next? or worse, artemus? where are they?"

"i told you, i dont know what happened to your friends."

jasper steps forward, "do i look desperate to you? because im feeling pretty desperate."

"you right. i did lie to you about clarke, about the survivors of the ark, and about what happen to maya. im trying to protect you, jasper. all of you." 

"where are they? where the hell is monty?" jasper asks once more, shaking. in another swift move, dante pushes the sword from his neck, and pins jasper with it. "this is not a toy." he removes it from jaspers neck, and walks behind me, pressing a button. 

a guard walks in, "yes, sir?" 

"can you find out where dr. tsing and my son are at the moment?" 

the guard looks back at us, "anything else sir?" 

"not presently." 

the guard nods, and leaves the office. dante places the sword back on the mantle, "lets take a walk." he says to us, 

"where?" i ask, getting ready to grab my boyfriends hand. 

"to find your friends." dante turns and heads for the door, looking back at us, we follow him. 

                                                                 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i followed closely behind jasper as we walked out of the elevator, the only thing separating us was our interlocked hands. we followed dante down the hall, and the huge cement door opened. when we walked in, the sound of drilling filled my ears. "put that down. get away from that girl" 

"jasper, artemus" monty yells, "monty" jasper and i ran over to him, 

"release him" the president demands, 

"open it!" jasper yells. 

the man unlocks the cage, and opens it. jasper and monty hug as jasper helps him down. the sound of dante and tsing arguing becomes background noise as me and monty hug. i walk over to harper, pulling her into a light and gentle hug, then set her arm around my shoulder to support her. 

"go back to the dorms, and tell your friends to pack their things. your going home." dante says to us. "thank you." jasper nods. i slowly walk towards the door, holding majority of harpers weight. 

we walked back to the dorms, i helped harper change out of the hospital gown and into clean clothes, and tried to clean her face as best i could. we walked out of the bathroom, and jasper had gathered everyone around, 

"alright, listen up. there's gonna be questions but there's no time. we're getting out of here, so pack your stuff." jasper calls out to them.

fox pipes up, "what are you talking about?"  "wait there just letting us go?" miller asks, 

"yes. right now, before they change their minds." 

"jasper, what the hells going on?" fox once again asks, 

"they lied to us the whole time about everything." monty says.

everyone gasps, and a few mummer, "the ark is on the ground and we're not safe here. now do what he said." monty finishes, and everyone moves to collect their things, including me. 

as me and jasper are packing our stuff, i remember to grab my ipod, putting it in a box. out of no where, the doors shut and a siren blares over head. jasper runs to the door, "NO!" i run up to him, and look on the other side of the door to see a guard, and maya.  the guard turns his face and there i see... bellamy. he notices us looking at them right away, his face goes soft for a moment as he watches my tears fall. god, im so glad he's okay. 

for the time being, we all sat in sorrow, around and on the bunks. me and jasper sat on the couch in the middle of the room. i had my legs propped up on his lap, and i stared at the ceiling. not even knowing what to think. i mean, thank the universe bellamy is alive, but for how long? how long until they realize he's not one of them?