rubicon

since last  night, tsing has been taking one of us out of here, every few hours.

we, being me, monty, harper, jasper, and miller, stood near our bunks, they had been conversing, but i wasnt paying attention, until now. 

"we've been locked in here for hours. if it was bellamy-" 

"it was bellamy." i cut him off, "i saw him to miller, and i of all people would know what my brother looks like." 

"i'm not calling you a liar, it just doesnt make any sense." 

the door beeps loudly and opens, over ten guards with guns, and doctor tsing walk in.

"oh god, not again"

 the guards force us to the back of the room and they snatch harper from my side, "no!" i yell, pushing the guards. 

"no, not her." tsing says, "she needs more time to recover." "i want her" she points at me and the guards reach for me. "no!" jasper trys to get them off of me, "no, take me! please! not her!" i hear as he cries. i try everything i can to get out of their grip, but they pull me out of the door and drag me down the hall.

my heart starts racing and i begin to cry as we near the room we had found monty and harper in. they pull me in and push me onto the bed, then tie me down. "no, please! you dont have to do this" i cry as tsing cuts down the side of my pants. "oh artemus, i do. cage has had his eyes on you since you got here, when his eyes should be on me."

i cry harder, "thats not my fault"

"shh shh, dont cry. this wont hurt one bit." tsing plunges the scalpel into my hip and i scream. she whirls up the drill and pushes it into my bone. i scream and cry, begging her to stop. once she was done with the left, she moved on to the right, and by then i had gone numb. my body felt limp and i felt like i could breath.

she moved from my hips to my shoulder. as i lie here, half conscious, i think about whether or not this is the end. but then, tsing unties me. "you didnt think i was gonna kill you so soon, did you?" she says, trying to intimidate me. i gather all the spit i have in my mouth and spit at her face.

"take her back to the dorms!" she yells, the guard grabs me, not even caring that i have just been tortured. they drag me back to the dorms, and when i get back, jasper stares at me as i colapse onto the bed. i lay there for a while, resting, thinking, trying to sleep, but not finding the energy to do anything. 

jasper had come over to me, and told me about his plan, but it was hard to listen. 

within a few hours, tsing was back,  i stood beside jasper waiting for them to walk in. the guards forced a few back, "now! just like we talked about!" jasper yells. we all link arms, because as of now, that was all we could do. "that one" she points at jessica, and we all try to stop them. the guards pull us back, and jasper was restrained and kneed by one. 

they left the room once more,and i ran over to jasper, helping him off the floor. 

"that was bellamy." he says, catching his breath. "what? what did he say?" 

"he said he's trying to figure a way out of here, but we have to fight back hader than this." 

so we constructed a plan, and waited another four hours for the doctor and guards to return. 

we all stood there, jasper held the gun bellamy gave him, and i was holding a metal poll from the bunk. "whats taking bellamy so long?" monty asks, impatience and anxiety in his voice.

"i dont know." jasper answers. 

"maybe they caught him.." miller says, \

"no. bellamy will find us a way out of here. i know he will" i say, trying to assure them, and myself.  

"artemus, its already been four hours. the guards will be back any second." 

"they're gonna take someone else.." harper's voice sounds sad, "no! listen to me. everyone, we stick to the plan." jasper looks back at the others as he speaks to everyone. "they are not taking anyone else out of this room without a fight." the door buzzes and the guards walk in, pointing guns at us. we all link arms, and tsing comes up to us, "this one" she points at me, and the guards grab me, jasper tries to fight them, then pulls out the gun,

 "Hey! Get your hands off her!" jasper fires the gun at the man and all hell breaks loose. kids were kicked to the ground and thrown around. 

tsing comes back, "take him instead" she points at the beaten jasper on the ground. i scream, "no, no! no! take me, please take me!" i cry and scream as they drag him out of the room. 

the guards and tsing leave, and i sit on the floor crying into my hands. a few moments later, the breach alarm blares and we all share a look, "bellamy" i say, before getting up and running out of the now unlocked doors. "go! everyone move! this is our chance! take the level, monty get the cameras! miller get their guns, lets go!" jasper yells as we run down the hall. 

i walk over as the elevator closes, stopping it with my arm, and looking down to see a very irradiated Dr. tsing. the others come over, looking down at her. she cries, "no. you cant." 

"i hope you know  that you're incredibly special to us." jasper says, emotion siped clean from his face. tsing screams as her face melts, her body seeping into the floor. 

we walk away from the elevator, following the others as we take over level 5.