08 - Seperated

Slowly the first snowflakes fell from the sky. Winter arrived. Earlier than last year. Earlier than expected. Than expected. Carefully Jyn sat down on her left leg, with which she had knelt before, on the wall of the roof.

"Why don't you fear death?" someone approached Jyn as she continued to look over the city.

"Because it is inevitable," with a certain carelessness, Jyn looked from one building to the next, wiping, with her index finger, single strands of hair from her cheek that stuck to her damp skin, "We all die sometime. One sooner, the other later. We can't change it...... either way, death will come for us one day. Whether we like it or not."

One thing, however, could not be said. When or for what reason we will die. One thing not entirely in our hands. The most beautiful time was coming. Your favorite season began.

Their target building could be seen from afar, because it looked like it was on fire. And as Flag explained to them, HVT-One was on the top floor. To avoid any unwanted surprises, the Bravo team was to take the side street, then switch to the main street, as this was the direct route to the target building, and from there, rejoin them. All respect, good plan. Really good plan. Hard to believe but slowly, it was about time.

"I'm going with him," Jyn announced, causing Flag to turn around very slowly as if he had just misheard or didn't understand correctly, causing Jyn to point to Edwards and his team, "And his team."

"May I remind you of something?" replied Flag, showing her the small monitor on his wrist, "I'm in charge and in charge here, all the way......"

"Yeah yeah, you can kill me anytime. You better start thinking of something new," Jyn interrupted the short-haired man curtly, waving her hand in the direction of where Harley was standing with Boomerang and Croc, "Of those there, you can probably trust me the most. I have fewer people on my conscience than they, you or any of your guys have, especially since I haven't killed anyone who didn't, in some way, deserve it. So my record is cleaner than yours. Besides, eight Seals who can't handle a little girl for the short haul, huh? And, just so you kind of believe me, here's my gun and knives except for one. I've got to be able to defend myself with something if need be."

"You're serious?" but before Flag uttered this, her pistol and the first knife buckle already landed on the ground in front of him, "Somehow you're even less ticked than any of them there."

"Just because I don't exhibit the same behavior as one of them there? Respect your opposite, because then, he will also show you his respect. At least that's what you should do. And it's the same with trust," Jyn replied with a shrug, and the second bundle of knives landed in front of Flag, "I have no choice but to trust you, since our lives are in your hands. Then it is only fair that you also trust us a little, a tiny bit. It's not too much to ask, is it? I believe, at least still in certain values like humanity, even if none of you does it any more. Really none of you, and I count you and your boys among them."

"GQ," came it from Flag, slightly irritated, and under the incredulous looks of all present, Jyn finished by pulling the two sai blades out of her boots, which promptly landed on the floor by the pistol, "God help me. What's wrong with you in particular? Is your team GQ."

"Look at it this way Flag, one less criminal you have to worry about," Edwards replied, which Jyn took as a yes and slowly, moved towards Bravo Team, though this was not yet a confirmation, "We'll rejoin you just before we reach the target."

Headshot. That was the yes Jyn had only been waiting for. Finally. GQ? How had Edwards gotten that name, please?

"Well, that makes you feel so much better. Almost like everything's normal," Jyn joyfully raised her arms in the air above her head, stretched and turned around where she continued walking backwards, "What's wrong? Uncomfortable situation?"