13 - Unit

Granted, murder was one thing, but Diablo's story was, violent. Even for Jyn's taste. Burning one's own wife and children was probably one of the worst things that could have happened to someone with Diablo's gift.

After Deadshot's more than demotivating speech, where Harley just nodded stupidly that they were all the government's scapegoats, their Suicide Squad, Diablo also finally found his words. Namely, when Deadshot said he had hope for a sweet two seconds. Hope for what? That the government will thank the squad or ever announce who was responsible for saving Midway City?! Dream on. Never going to happen. Even if evidence existed on the internet to prove anything, they would still interpret it differently. NEVER. Never ever.

It was a cycle. One that Diablo could not break. When he became stronger on the road, his firepower also became stronger. As his firepower grew stronger, so did his power on the road. More respected. Nothing more. He became more respected by his and the other gangs. So if Diablo didn't have his power, he would never have become a street boss. Accordingly, this meant that Diablo would be useless for anything without his powers. A common street thug who could have been dead long ago. But that was not the case. Sounded a bit harsh, but if you looked at it objectively, it was true.

Anyway, Diablo wanted to know from Deadshot how many people he had killed in his life. Ouch, one of the questions you don't ask a killer and Deadshot answered him that too. What followed made everyone look at him. When asked if Deadshot kills women or children, he answered no, but Diablo didn't deny it. He confirmed it. When he gets angry, he loses control and in the process he killed his wife and torched the house. To Boomerang's superfluous question about what happened to the children, Harley namely answered him that Diablo had killed them too.

"Stand by that shit," Harley drove at Diablo, who was close to tears anyway, "Stand by it! What did you think was going to happen? Huh?"

"Hey Harley," Deadshot tried to calm Harley down, which didn't work very well, "Come on"

"What?! Did you think.....", Harley just kept going, clearly not even wanting to calm down, ".... you could have a happy family, coach kids teams and pay with credit cards? Normal is a setting at the clothes dryer. Guys like us will never be. We're not normal."

"How come it's the same as a knife fight? Every time you can't keep your mouth shut," Boomerang now got involved, not looking at anyone, though it was clear when he meant, "You're really hot on the outside. But inside..... just ugly."

"We all are," Harley corrected him quietly, then spoke up first, "We all are!"

"You guys really can't hear yourselves talk already, huh?" groaning, Jyn pushed herself off the stool, crossed the bar and turned around halfway with a glass in her hand and pointing her finger at the arguers, "You're all fucked up and have spent way too long in prison just by yourselves, oblivious to what's going on outside, in the real world, outside prison. What's going on there. Stab each other. Nobody is interested. Me neither. Do what you want only as long as we're stuck in this shit, thanks to Waller, act like a fucking unit. We didn't choose it nor could we do anything about it but we are all sitting together right now and the shit isn't getting any better or has disappeared like magic. Fuck you, you, you, you and you. I've had enough. Since everyone is allowed to fuck everyone up right now, it's my turn. You Harley, are simply a disturbed psycho ish whose entire purpose in life is to live at the side of a would like pimp. That's all that matters to you. Shit, that's too bad. He's dead and unfortunately he survived my bomb. Get your head straight up there and become an independent and self-reliant person. You can't be completely dependent on him. Deadshot.... there's not much I need to say. You know what you did, knew the consequences and at least, of all that you did, you remained one of the most human. Captain.... Do you exist sober?! Probably not. The purest alcoholic. Finally do something about your aggression problems.... God, alcohol and aggression are a hell of a combination. I don't know, we first heard about you a few hours ago. Croc.... puh I.... nope, me.... I've had enough. Congratulations now everyone knows where we stand with the others. Can we finally get back to the real problem? To these unknown non-human creatures? Can we? I'll be glad when I get back to the Black Gate."

However, this tense situation changed abruptly when Flag entered the bar. As if the last minutes and the mutual turn on had never taken place. And that only because Flag came in. Wow, it only took one common denominator and everyone agreed without exchanging words.

"We don't want you in here," Harley pouted.

"Did you also read in the folder that I slept with her?" asked Flag after he sat down next to Deadshot, who nodded in response.

"Yeah," Deadshot replied, thinking first before turning back to Flag, "I've never been with a witch. What's that like? That's probably why those critters keep chasing him, because the witch is afraid of him."

"The only woman more has ever cared about.....," Flag began, sounding genuinely taken, "..... is trapped inside that monster. If I don't stop the witch, it's over. Then it's all over. Everything....... You are free."

With that, with these words that no one had ever hoped to hear, Flag removed his monitor and broke it on the edge of the table, tossing it behind the counter moments later. Completely perplexed, Jyn grabbed the back of her neck and started laughing for some reason she couldn't explain. Free. Just like that. Shit Flag, this is going to cost you a lot of trouble.

Although the group was declared free, no one disappeared. Thinking wrong, shortly thereafter Boomerang finished his glass and took off. What was that to expect? In a way, yes. It was. His plan had been to disappear from the beginning anyway.

"Honestly Flag. Respect for that number. Really. Wouldn't have put it past you," at that Jyn patted Flag on the shoulder and headed for the door, "Gonna cost you a lot of trouble and a lot of paperwork. Um.... before it all comes to an end and the whole town goes down with us, I want to savor this moment of freedom. Outside. Because this moment won't last long. I don't know if we owe you something Flag or not but one thing I do know is that people don't deserve to die. What I do wonder, though, or raise the question of why the hell we have to take care of these critters and this witch? No Batman or Super.... oh he's dead. Thank luther for that. Hahahe. You guys know what I mean though. Yes?! Good. I'm out."

Still, one problem remained. Those explosive devices were still in their bodies. And someone, like Waller, could still detonate them at any time. Screw what Flag said otherwise. The hand of the government still hovered over their heads.