Chapter 5

While laying in bed and scrolling his phone, Yoongi hears a soft knock on his door. Knowing that his room would usually just get barged into, he realizes it must be Jimin. He clicks his phone black and climbs out of bed. He's pulling on sweatpants when he hears another knock - a little louder this time.

"Coming, coming," he responds.

Opening the door, he takes in the view of Jimin in his too-big borrowed pajamas. His pants are puddled at his feet. The pale blue shirt hangs off his shoulder - exposing his neck and collarbone. Cute and sexy at the same time. 

"Hey, you okay? Yoongi asks with a concerned expression.

"Can't sleep. Can I lay down with you? Just for a little while?"

Jimin takes in Yoongi's stunned face and quickly explains. 

"Everytime I close my eyes, I see his black ones. I hear him laughing at me." Jimin looks up to blink back his tears before looking back at Yoongi. "I'm scared of him Yoongi. Please?"

Yoongi responded by nodding his head and opening his bedroom door wider for Jimin.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. I know it's scary. But you're safe here. We'll protect you."

The pair walk back over to the bed and climb in - each laying on his side to face the other.

"Have you seen one of those things before?"

Yoongi nods. "It's actually getting more common. Which is kind of scary."

"Do you know why?"

He nods again. "We have a theory. I don't wanna talk about that though. Tell me about Jimin."

Jimin blushed a light pink before replying quietly. "What do you wanna know?"

"Everything. We can start with your last name though."

"It's Park."

Yoongi smiled. "Park Jimin. I like it. What do you do for work?"

"I'm a designer. I work part time right now because I'm in university also."

"What kind of designer?"

"Clothes. I design mostly dress clothes. But not like high-fashion. That stuff's usually ugly," he giggled.

"That explains why you looked so good tonight," Yoongi complimented.

"Thank you," Jimin replies with a big smile as his cheeks turn a light pink. "I actually made my shirt and jacket. Not the pants though."

"They looked great."

Yoongi reached and tucked a strand of hair behind Jimin's ear. "So Park Jimin the clothes designer. How about for fun?"

"I don't know. I don't have a lot of time for fun right now. I like to watch movies late at night when I've finished work or school stuff. Go to the club if I just want to burn off energy and dance. I usually don't try to meet people there. You just caught my eye."

Yoongi laughs and props up on his elbow. "Is that right? I was so attractive while drowning in whiskey that you just couldn't help yourself?"

Jimin immediately shakes his head no. "It was your eyes. They're so serious. But soft and sweet too. And when you smile...really smile... it's the most beautiful thing ever."

Now Yoongi was blushing - even more than Jimin. 

"Thank you Minnie." 

"Just speaking the truth. My turn, what's it like to be a hunter?"

"Not gonna lie, most days it's awesome. I love saving people by killing evil things. It can be scary though. And lonely. I'm lucky to have Jungkook and Namjoon. We're family. But I don't really have a life outside of this."

"Who's Namjoon?"

Yoongi glared at Jimin playfully. "The entrepreneur. He's here but...busy with a project. You might get to meet him. Not sure. Depends how long you stay."

Jimin nodded his understanding. He's enjoying their conversation and secretly glad he decided to come see Yoongi.

"Do you think you'll be a hunter forever?"

Yoongi sighed as he thought about his answer. "I don't know. Probably? I don't see myself being able to walk away and not stop the monsters. I don't think I could live with myself if I knew people were being hurt and I just ignored it."

"How did ya'll get into this anyway? You're so young."

Yoongi rolled onto his back and stared up at the ceiling. Jimin immediately regrets asking.

"You don't have to..."

"It's ok. The  three of us - our parents were best friends. They had all gone to university together and stayed close. We used to go on camping trips together at least once a month. They were killed on a trip when we were teenagers. I was 16, Namjoon 15, and Jungkook 13. Us kids were in our own tent. I don't know why it didn't kill us too. Maybe it wasn't hungry anymore... Or just didn't kill kids. I don't know. It ripped them apart though.

I don't think I'll ever forget their screams. I still hear them in my nightmares."

Yoongi stopped talking and wiped at tears that were silently falling down his temples into his hair.

 "Anyway, we all ended up in an orphanage together since no one adopts teenagers. We stuck together and started reading as much as we could about different types of monsters. I'm the oldest so I aged out first. Namjoon was soon after me. I got guardianship over Kookie so that he could come live with us since he's a few years younger. We vowed to kill the thing that killed our parents. Once that was done, we never looked back. We were hunters. No other job seemed important after that.

Thankfully, Namjoon is a genius. So he invents things to make money. He doesn't go out and hunt often. He's the... brains behind the operation," Yoongie chuckled. "We hunt while he works on, we'll say, special projects to make us better."

"I'm so sorry Yoongi. I can't imagine going through all that. Ya'll are...amazing."

"We just did what anyone else would have in the situation."

"I don't think so. Most people would have lived the rest of their lives in fear. You literally made fear your bitch."

Yoongi looked at Jimin and laughed. "I guess you're right. Feel better yet?"

"Yeah, all this talk of monsters has me feeling totally safe," Jimin giggled with a playful shove to Yoongi's shoulder.

"I need to sleep. Are you staying?" 

"Can I?" Jimin asked with a hopeful smile.

"If you want to. Turn over."

Jimin did as he was asked and felt Yoongi scoot closer to him before wrapping his arm around him. Jimin smiled to himself and grabbed Yoongi's hand.

"Goodnight Jiminie."

"Goodnight Yoongi."

A/N
Happy Chapter 5!
Thank you to everyone reading and voting 💜
Don't forget to add the story/follow me for updates. I update regularly - at least twice a week.