Chapter 24

Yoongi's wrists are chained together. His arms are hung over his head with his wrist chains looping tightly around a wooden beam. His toes are just barely dragging the ground. His body is completely lifeless - head bent forward as if he's praying.  From each wrist is a needle connected to tubing. Blood has run down his arms like veins due to the crap job inserting the needles - it's turned crusty and brown as time has passed. His blood is slowly draining into bags hanging on either side of him.

Jungkook's body is chained up the exact same way on a sister beam. The only difference is that there are no needles coming out of his arms. Because he's taller, unlike Yoongi, his feet can touch the ground. But it doesn't matter, he's not using them to hold himself up anymore. His shoulders look like they may break at any moment from the weight they've been holding for who-knows how long.

"No no no. Please no," Namjoon begs as he drops his gun and rushes toward them. "Jimin HELP ME," he screams at the younger in desperation. Jimin chokes back his tears and rushes forward as well. 

Namjoon sighs with relief when he feels a pulse from both - Yoongi's is too weak though. "How do we get them down?" Jimin questions as he eyes the chains.

"Can you shoot through them?" Namjoon questions as he searches for cutters, a key, anything to get them down. "You're not strong enough to keep them from falling once the chains break so I need to support their bodies."

Jimin looks at him with wide eyes - Namjoon doesn't notice though since he's already lifting Yoongi's body to ensure he doesn't fall. "Namjoon. I've shot a gun 3 times. What if I miss?" he asks - his voice barely more than a whisper as he looks at Yoongi's pale beautiful face.

Namjoon shakes his head. "You won't. And we don't have time to debate. Remember what I said earlier. Aim high."

Jimin stomped his foot as his mouth hung open in shock. "Aim high?! There's like 6 inches between their hands and the beam! There's nowhere to..."

Namjoon raked his fingers down his face. "Fuck, Jimin! Stop! Please. Just breathe," he insisted to both Jimin and himself. "You have to do this. There's literally no one else."

Jimin glances at Yoongi again before lifting his gun and positioning the butt against his shoulder. He takes a few deep breaths to slow his pounding heart before leaning into the sight.

Take him out. This is your moment a voice in the back of his mind says. Deep down, he knows that voice is right.

He lines up the shot and takes another deep breath before squeezing the trigger. 

"Ghhhh," Namjoon groans and winces as Yoongi's weight falls completely in his arms and the chains collapse on their heads - clanking as they hit each other and then the floor. 

Jimin rushes forward to help lay Yoongi down. He immediately sits on his knees and begins ripping the sleeves of his shirt. He takes in Yoongi's pale face, dark under eyes, and feels how cool his skin is. Fuck I really do care about him Jimin realizes as he feels the signs of panic setting in - his own heart rate racing and hands shaking as he tears the cloth. Blinking through tears, he gently pulls the needle out of Yoongi's skin and wraps a sleeve around each bleeding wound. Obviously djinn aren't great with venipuncture.

Namjoon watches in silence as Jimin cares for his brother - a small smile finding its way to his face even in the middle of their situation. Jimin leans down and kisses Yoongi's forehead before pushing himself to stand up.

"Jungkookie now," he whispers as he wipes the tears from his eyes and then the sweat from his forehead.

Namjoon nods and turns around to prepare to catch Jungkook's much heavier body as best he can. 

You fucking idiot the voice hisses as Jimin again leans into the sights. He takes a deep breath and pulls the trigger. 

Namjoon grunts louder as Jungkook's weight falls completely on him. Jimin helps Namjoon lay him down as well. He quickly assesses him. He doesn't have any visible injuries which makes him think he's unconscious from dehydration and wear to his body from being chained up. 

"Get him some water," he instructs Namjoon. "Pour small sips down his throat," he adds as he crawls back over to Yoongi and checks his pulse. It's way too slow. He's lost too much blood.

"I'll kill you if you die on me," he whispers in his ear before kissing his cheek gently. 

A/N

Home from Agust D Tour in Newark. The show is amazing 🔥 So much passion poured in, and it really shows. The set list is so good, and the visuals are insane. Anyone with shows coming up, have so much fun! 

Stream D-DAY! 💜

Edit bc I'm watching right now: Yoongi just killed it at Fallon! And that Haegeum outfit...perfection💜