Chapter 20

The taller man frowned slightly. "Taehyung? Who are you to speak to me so casually? Don't think because you're up there helping that I won't cage you like a dog."

Jimin gulped anxiously and shook his head as he lowered his eyes to the floor. "I'm sorry. It was an accident. I've been playing a dumb kid for days, and it's wearing off."

"I'd say. Look at me, Jimin. We're on the same side. You just need to not forget your position on the team."

Jimin looked up at the leader of hell. No, not the devil. But the man working in his place. The king of hell, you could say. And he didn't get there by chance. He's ruthless when needed. Fearless. But has a reputation for being fair, loyal, and fiercely protective of his demons. For that, they do anything he asks. 

"What's the status on Taemin?"

"He's safe....for now. Being stubborn as usual. He was refusing to eat - which was making the hunters want to exorcize him faster. I told him to eat to buy time."

"Did he listen?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't been back down there. Namjoon is still working around the clock, though, so I'd say yes. He literally only leaves that room to shower and change clothes every other day or so." 

"Can you get him out?"

"I'm working on a plan. Their trap is damn near indestructible. - encased in epoxy. Pretty genius honestly..."

Jimin didn't notice that Taehyung's face was quickly reddening as he listened. Suddenly, he raked his hands through his hair with exasperation before stepping nose to nose with Jimin. 

"I don't care HOW FUCKING GENIUS their trap is. You get him OUT of there. If they figure out how to kill him...I will make you wish they killed you instead."

Jimin gulped and nodded. "I promise. I'll get him out. Soon. I just have to find a way without dying myself. I can't help him if I'm dead."

Taehyung nodded and turned to start pacing - still clearly stressed about his second in charge being in the hands of skilled hunters. 

"We need to talk about the long term plan," he began, forcing himself to think beyond Taemin. He has a whole race of demons to lead and protect.

"What long term plan?" Jimin questioned.

"We have to think beyond just getting Taemin out of that trap. The hunters have to be stopped - especially...Namjoon was it? He's the leader?"

"I don't think they really have a leader. They just all work together. He's the brains for sure."

"And how protected is their house?"

"The best I've ever seen. It's pretty standard sigils and wards but the way they've placed them makes them impossible to tamper with in the usual ways. I'll literally have to shoot through them. And a handgun won't do it. It'll have to be an assault rifle."

"So you rescue Taemin and kill Namjoon at the same time. Shouldn't be that hard."

"Except Namjoon is the easy kill. The other two are far more skilled. As soon as they hear the first shot, they'll be on me like white on rice.....of course, I could wait for them to leave on another hunt...but no way of knowing when that'll be...if they're home, Namjoon will have to be first to even buy time to get to Taemin. But then I have to get into the room he's in and destroy the trap. Plus the issue of even getting into the basement in the first place. It's key entry and as far as I know, they're the only ones with keys. I don't..."

"Stop rambling Jimin. How did you get in the first time?"

"I stole Yoongi's key. But I doubt that'll work a second time. I'm already going to have to find a way to make it look like he dropped it before leaving on that hunt."

Taehyung stopped his pacing and looked Jimin in the eyes - almost sizing him up. "Ok. Fine. It's harder than I thought.... You're smart Jimin. That's why you made it to my circle so fast. I'm choosing to trust you with someone that means a lot to me. Don't make me regret it. I'll give you another week to sort out a plan. Do NOT let them kill Taemin while you do."

"I won't Tae. I promise."

Taehyung sighed and headed toward the stairs to his throne. "I think your best bet is getting close to Namjoon. I know he wasn't the original target. But he's the key to the whole thing. If he believes you an equal in his mission, and capable of even helping, he may allow you to. That would solve some of the issues with getting into the basement. And if he sees you as an ally, even a friend, killing him will be easy.... He'll never see it coming," he added with a dark chuckle.

"Yoongi will be jealous. He already acts funny if I mention interest in Namjoon at all."

"Perfect. Any division you can create between them is a good thing." 

Jimin nodded his agreement and turned to head back out of the long room - along with Hoseok. 

Once the pair was safely out of the throne hall, Jimin slouched in relief that that was over. Taehyung trusts him which is the most important thing.

"Did you know he and Taemin are together?" Jimin asked as he picked up his pace to get the hell out of there. 

"What do you mean?" Hoseok asked, clueless as ever.

"No one acts like that over someone they don't love. Taemin isn't just his second. He's his lover."

"Are you sure?"

Jimin nodded his head and closed his eyes as the pair hugged again. "No question." 

When he opened them again, they were just outside the drive to the mansion. Hoseok leans in and kisses him quickly before smacking his butt, "hurry up before he notices you gone."

Jimin nods and turns to hurry up the long drive. 

He planned to sneak through the back door and was quickly jogging down the backyard's stone path, being careful not to trip, when he ran - quite literally - into Namjoon.

A/N

Don't forget to vote,  comment, and follow me for updates 💜

Keep Streaming FACE! Unpopular Opinion: My fav song is actually Face Off. I LOVE Set Me Free Part 2 but Face Off beats it just a little lol

YOONGI has a documentary and new album coming out I'm sure before his tour starts 🥳💜 undercut Yoongi...do I even need to say anything else?!

AND YOONMIN SUCHWITA. So much fucking Yoonmin right now and I'm loving it. If I suddenly stop writing after April 29th, its because I died when Jimin showed up to Yoongi's show. Tony Montana ft Jimin would kill me on the spot 😂