Chapter 27

Moments later, Namjoon finally stands up and hoists the bag onto his shoulder. He gives Jae a quick hug before turning back toward the vehicles and jogging over. 

He jumps into his jeep and pulls out of his spot quickly. Jungkook cranks the truck and follows. 

Once the hospital is out of sight, Namjoon pulls onto the side of the road and cuts his Jeep off.

He quickly jumps out with the bag of supplies. Jimin is already pushing the door open for him when he arrives at the truck.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" 

Jimin nods. "Did she give you betadine?"

Namjoon looks at him with a confused expression as Jimin continues, "Sterilizer for his skin?"

"Oo o yeah. She did. She said it's in wipes," he replies as he starts digging through the bag.

"Give me two sets. I need to sterilize my hands too after everything we've done tonight."

Namjoon nods and hands over the packs. Jimin rips the first open with his teeth before covering his hands and wrist in the brown liquid.

He then rips the second pack before slathering it over the top of Yoongi's left hand. 

"Ok, we'll let that dry. I need the IV prep pack now please."

Namjoon is ready this time and hands it right over.

"Thank you, Joonie. A bag of saline too."

Jungkook rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything. Namjoon notices but Jimin doesn't since he's facing Yoongi in the backseat while Jungkook is still in the front. He makes a mental note to ask what the hell that was about later.

Jimin rips open the pack and connects one end of the tubing to the saline bag. 

"Do we have a hanger...or a hook maybe...anything we can use to hang the bag on the 'o shit' handle?"

"One second." Jungkook jumps out of the truck and runs to the back. When he comes back, he has zip tie in his hands. "Will this work?"

"It's perfect. Thank you."

Jimin threads the zip tie through the top of the saline bag before reaching up and locking it around the handle. 

"If you don't like needles, don't watch this part."

He reaches for the IV needle and picks the vein - silently thankful for Yoongi's gorgeous veiny hands. 

Namjoon briefly looks away while Jimin counts down - 3, 2, 1 - and then places the needle. He peels away the excess packing and presses the tape into place. He then connects the other end of the saline tube to Yoongi's IV and clicks it in place - starting the drip of fluids. He feels for Yoongi's pulse again - pleased that it hasn't gotten any weaker. He sits back and smiles at his work - not a drop of blood spilled.

Namjoon smiles and pats Jimin on the back. "Great job Min. He's got a good chance now."

The three all breathe a small sigh of relief knowing that he's made it this far. By the time they get home, he'll be ready for the blood transfusion.

The brothers climb back into the drivers seat of each vehicle and pull off toward home. Jimin of course remains in the backseat with Yoongi. He tells himself it's to ensure the IV doesn't come out.

****************

The ride is long and silent. Jimin is passing the time by watching the saline drip through the tubing before it disappears into Yoongi's hand. It's somehow satisfying knowing that it's practically life juice right now. He will hydrate and his body can rid itself of the poison. That's the first...

Jungkook interrupts his thoughts, "I'm sorry for the shit I said back there. I was wrong."

"No, you weren't. You three are family and I actually don't know anything about what that really means. I've been on my own since I was a teenager. I'm an outsider everywhere I go."

"Not here. Yoongi cares about you a lot. I can tell. And you wouldn't have been acting that way if it wasn't mutual. Maybe we are where you fit in Jimin," Kookie smiled at Jimin in the rearview. "Either way, we were both stressed over Yoongi and not our best selves. I'm sorry."

"It is mutual. I know we haven't known each other that long but...he's just so easy to love. He's sweet...funny...badass...sexy..."

"Woah... woah... woah...I don't need to hear anymore," Jungkook giggled as he quickly plugged his ears before grabbing the wheel again. "Wait...did you just say you love him?"

Jimin blushes and looks down at Yoongi. "I mean...maybe...I think it's too fast though." he smiles as he runs his fingers through Yoongi's hair. 

"I believe in souls being made for each other. Maybe yours are meant to be together. There's no such thing as too fast for that."