CHAPTER 2: SKY VALLEY

The new planet had skimmed across ¼ of Darus sending an apocalyptic terror in the human's eyes. They lit the match.

Towns started to go up in flames. Looting from the hospitals. Screams echoing around the planet.

They begged.

Save us.

Their blood curdling sounds tore our ears. I look around seeing them begging but yet still tearing down the once beautiful green forest, polluting and trashing our breathtaking water that once quenched our thirst, garbage littered every street and path you walked on.. They wanted more. Darus wanted something too. Its world back. Darus wanted us to leave. The planet that had struck us was the only sub-planet so close you could almost touch it. Darus being struck made the planet but just a pebble, a small little rock to fit very few. Not everyone could fit.

My kind had to make a decision. Sharing our knowledge with one another helped the horrible call we had to make.
Sacrifice some to save the thousands and the thousands to a million that could come throughout the years.
We gathered up groups of people that had been helpful in our cause. People we could bring to the planet we had named Sky Valley in order to save the rest on Darus that is now known as Lower Valley.

The only way off of Lower Valley is having the status "essential". Lower began with global warming, taking over the planet setting fire to the north and freezing rains to the south. Weather wasn't seasons anymore. It was whatever the fuck it wanted that day. It could blizzard in the morning and then raise its temperature to 115 degrees.

From Fierita Planet 1 to Sky Valley Planet 3 it has now been 3,000 years of our hiding, and now saving.
We agreed to put our pendants back on the moment they needed us to, to feel safe again. They barely took a second to harmonize as one to command them back on once our plan was successful in moving part of the population onto Sky Valley.

We tried to find other planets to flee to that we could fit the whole population on but creating big enough ships to travel light speed would take decades with the fresh slate of this planet. The only ones we could go to within months are planets too small for the whole population and the only other planet they could touch was full of electrical storms night and day that could kill you if you stood within 50 ft of a strike.

We had chosen this part of space to hide because it was so far from any neighboring systems. Now we needed one.

When Sky Valley was created they had to make a sacrifice and accept only those who would be essential into finding another solution to help the people who were denied to Lower Valley. The obvious ones like scientists, astronomers, biologists, chemists, economists, medical professionals, farmers, and builders.

After years and years of finding nothing, my race grew tired of finding a new planet and started to make Sky Valley more of a Utopia instead of a research sanctuary. One by one our race started to flee, abandoning the humans and our solution of hiding. Everytime one fled, they would look to my parents and say along the lines,
'I hope you know what you are doing.'

My mother was never sad about it though, I hoped she was just thinking it's less of a halt to our plans but she... seemed like she would see them soon, like it wasn't goodbye. A few we had heard made it out but some were captured and thrown into slavery, our friends Capri and Tori had been taken almost immediately. I had very few conversations with them before they had left. They kept to themselves and never wanted to engage in interactions with my family. They seemed like they were prisoners to our cause. They abandoned hope in making new life with my family, no longer wanting to wear pendants. They did not want to hide who they were and the power they could create.

My family stayed.

We were the only ones left now.

I had grown up seeing the evolution of these humans. I wanted to see them succeed. Our race was born to be leaders. As time goes on building ships to travel lightspeed has come to a halt. We cannot find another planet viable for them. Their lungs need a certain amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide. They need wild life they can hunt and hide from. They need enough water to maintain a system. They need the right viable weather that their fragile body can stand. Our race can evolve within minutes of different environments. We can go anywhere but we will be hunted into extinction. We started with 50 Starzothians and 200 fled, leaving just my family; My father, my mother and me. As more and more time went by the story of our powers had become myths. Some believe we wear the pendants to control our solar destroying thirst. Some believe we wear them as a symbol that we are just the leaders of Sky. But some believe we wear them to protect and keep fear at bay.