CHAPTER 31: PRISONERS:

I soar through the sky, looking down to the entrance.
Patience.
I perch onto a nearby roof.
The face of the man who followed Albi and has ties to the death of Josie still burns in my mind.
Every face that comes out of the building, I scan to match the face.

I had almost given up, to try the next night but there he was.
He pulls his hood over his head and tightens his jean jacket around his torso to warm himself from the rain.

I look down both alley ways to see anyone coming before snatching the back of his jacket and throwing him onto the rooftop.
He scrambles to get back on his feet, panic setting in as he pulls a knife from his pocket. I hover over him as he looks around the whole rooftop for the person who snatched him.

I lower myself behind him and tap on his shoulder.
He throws his body in my direction, instinct taking control, he lunges forward with the knife but it bends, curling towards the handle against my skin.
I look down at it, frowning.
He looks down at it, shocked.
My eyes scan his face, the pink glow lighting up his features.

"Kn-knox?" He hyperventilates.

He starts to run but my fingers glow as I make the cement of the rooftop mold around his feet, stuck to the ground. He struggles, trying to pull his foot from the cement.

"Help!" He shouts.

I gracefully walk in front of him, I would like to see the power I have hidden for so long.
I look into his eyes and tap his throat, freezing his vocal chords,
"Silence." I whisper.

His mouth opens to shout again but no sound comes out.
"A simple shake or nod will do... Do you understand?"
He slowly nods his head, his heart beating so fast it was almost deafening.
I hold my wristband out and play the video of the masked men.
"Do you know these men?"
He shakes his head rapidly.
"Liar."

I pull the cement higher until it is covering him from the neck down.
His breathing was so rapid that I started to fear he would faint.
"Do you know these men?" I repeat.
He nods rapidly.
"Do you know where their location is?"
He begins to cry, begging to speak. I tap his throat and let his vocal chords thaw.

"They will kill me if I tell you, I am just supposed to report back if I see anyone from the videos snooping around... I promise I didn't do that to the girl's head in front of the statue." He weeps.

I pull the cement higher, covering his head and leaving just his mouth from being encased.
"Where is their location?" I growl.
"P-please! They will kill me!"
"And you think I won't? I can offer my protection but only if you show me."
I can tell he is trying to shake his head, his neck straining under the cement.
"There are over fifty men where they are, they will kill you if you try anything."

I begin to giggle, I turn the cement matter into sand and let it fall off his body, I grab the back of his jacket again and push off the rooftop, hanging him over the clouds. He begins to scream, looking at how far he is from solid ground.

"I'm only asking one more time, show me where they are."

He starts hysterically crying, pointing towards the direction of the wall that used to shield Sky from the rough river.
He tells me to land in the middle of the forest, no structure in sight.
"Under that bush." He shakily points, I pull up some of the branches and see a hatch door.
"Is this their only exit?" I ask.
He shakes his head and points to the tree about two hundred feet away, another bush, a broken down tree laying on its side.

A square, four exits, each two hundred feet apart from each other. I go to each hatch door and melt the bars, locking them all in.
How big is this place?

"How-..how will you get in?" The man asks, still shaking from the cold. I actually started to feel bad the more I looked at him, he looked maybe 18, skinnier than most people on Sky who get well balanced meals three times a day. He must have snuck up here from Lower and owes these guys.

I walk over to him, he flinches at my motion, he is terrified and freezing in my storm.
I put my palm upwards and create an umbrella effect around him, to shield him from the rain. I crouch down to the wood broken off from the trees and remove the moisture the rain had engulfed them in. I stack them and light a fire, the crackle of the dry wood giving warmth to the kid. He scootches closer to it, putting his hands over it to warm himself.

"Thank you." He cries.
I smiled at him.

I liked giving... but it was time to take.

I walk to the center of the perimeter, heaving my right leg up and stomping into the ground. I lower myself down at least twenty feet through the hole, looking up to see the ceiling three feet thick in concrete.
It's well lit, long gray hallways stretching in every direction as I stand in the middle.

The lights begin to flash red, a loud alarm blaring through the structure.
Their only way out? The hole in the ceiling that rises above me.

I hear stomps coming in every direction, strong stern voices directing people to the halls.
"This one won't open!" I hear a shout coming to the left of me,
"Find the breach!" I hear to the right of me.
I wait impatiently, tapping my foot on the ground.

'Come and find me already.' I scoff.
"YOU" I hear behind me.
I grin, 'Finally.'

I swiftly turn to him and he raises his assault rifle in my direction.
"I would like to-" I start but he pulls the trigger, the bullet bouncing off my shoulder. The strike of it burned a singed mark into my favorite hoodie.
Not even an hello?

I pull my hood over my head, my pink eyes glaring in their direction as I take steps towards him.
Fine, I won't waste your time with welcomes.
The man pulls the trigger over and over, more burn holes appear onto the front of my hoodie, the man towers over me by a good couple feet in his combat boots and bulky black armor.

I take a leap to the left wall, pouncing off it onto the shoulders of the man.
I wrap my legs around his neck and flip his body to the ground.
Soon I hear more footsteps charging towards me, the alarm still blaring in my ears, the red lights flashing, lighting up the hall in a red hue.
I look down to the man who crashed into the floor, I raise my hands and melt his armor to the hard ground, pinning him in place.

I'm not done with any of you.

The men and women turn the corner, black armor wrapping around them.
I sprint down the hall towards them, I slide underneath and between a woman's legs, I get to my feet and raise my palms.
Their guns were flying from their grasp and melting to the ceiling.

"Come on, do you know a single thing about me besides the alien part?." I laugh.