Chapter 7 -Chase-

It was another bright afternoon in Medan. The town and its people were enjoying their day as usual. Judging from the amount of activity and the hustle and bustle of the square, it was still somewhat early. There was nothing happening which would be considered out of the ordinary. Except for one thing: Kay and Alan, who were walking through town square, looking around very cautiously for some reason.

"You can sense where wraiths are?"

Kay asked, as Alan continued looking around, focusing his gaze on certain parts of the city.

"Yeah. I felt one earlier, but then it disappeared."
"If it's anything like the wraiths I saw before, Medan is going to be in some serious trouble...We have to track it down before it hurts anybody."
"I can't sense too far, but I know it's in the city."
"Alright, I'll follow your lead."

Kay said as they continued their search for the mysterious wraith. Since they were both aware of what wraiths were capable of, they were desperate to find it. They also didn't want to alert anyone, so the search had to be discreet. It was a very tricky venture. After checking inside of a tree and finding nothing, Kay sighed.

"Well, we know it's not hiding in your old spot. Anything yet?"

He asked as Alan kept looking around.

"Not, yet, but..."

He was keeping his eyes on high places such as rooftops, and on top of Medan's walls, but still nothing. After a few more seconds of searching however, Alan's eyes started to glow red, making him turn around in a quick fashion. He had just seen a figure zip over a wall.

"THERE!"

Alan shouted as he started running after the figure. Kay immediately followed. They made their way directly over to the western side of town, which was where Alan saw the figure go. But when they arrived, there was nothing there. Kay looked around, confused.

"Did we lose it?"

But right as he asked this, Alan's eyes started to glow red once again, making him turn to the side.

"No. It's here."

A tall wraith suddenly leaped from the roof of one of the houses, landing on the ground. Though it had the same appearance as the previous wraiths, a dark red shadow with claws, this one was a lot taller and lankier. But there was one distinction about this wraith that separated it from the others. It had an abnormally large sized eye which resembled a dark void...Kay and Alan glared at the wraith, already prepared to face off against it.

"I'm only going to say this once, so you better listen close. Get out of town now, or we'll force you out..."

Completely ignoring Kay's threat, the wraith was silent and continued staring at the 2 with its eye, which now started to glow. They both went into a defensive stance, bracing themselves for whatever was coming.

"Guess that answers that."
"I think I've seen this wraith before..."

The wraith's eye continued glowing until it let out a bright red flash. And from that flash crawled out 3 other wraiths...Kay and Alan were blown away by this.

"What!?"
"Wraiths came out of its eye!"

As the 3 wraiths went in for the attack, Kay backed away, while Alan jumped into the air, quickly destroying one of the wraiths with a downward kick from above. While avoiding one of the other wraiths' claw swipes, Kay started channeling black aura onto his hands, before releasing a stream of it at said wraith. Once ensnared in the stream, the wraith was lifted up and then slammed back down by Kay, being destroyed as a result. The last wraith left had hid in the floor, and when it rose up from behind Kay to try and attack, Alan took it out with a flying kick. The 2 smiled at each other then looked back at the one-eyed wraith, which was just standing idly by.