Chapter 11 -Kay vs Turalan-

The next morning, everyone gathered in the main hall of Class' estate. Everyone, except for Kay and Doctrene.

"Mornin."

Buch greeted after a loud yawn. Alan was looking around in a worried fashion.

"Hey. Does anyone know where Kay is?"
"He was here last night. But I haven't seen him since I woke up."
"Sir Doctrene is missing too...That's odd..."

Neither Class nor Kyle knew where the 2 had gone. But Buch made a suggestion that he felt might have been true.

"Maybe they're training or somethin."
"But I didn't see them anywhere around the house..."
"So they may have left somewhere..."
"We have to find them before something happens! Dad is still after Kay!"

Alan was starting to become more and more panicked at the thought of Kay being out in the open. Kyle's theory about him and Doctrene possibly leaving the estate only added to the anxiety. But Class mentioned something that was pretty significant.

"Doctrene doesn't seem like the type who would vanish without a peep to anyone though."

As she said this, something in Kyle's head suddenly clicked.

"But Kay WOULD do something like that. Which leads me to believe he's about to do something incredibly stupid...Let's start looking for them right away..."

Knowing the type of person Kay was, Kyle was now starting to feel the same level of worry that Alan was feeling. They all hurried out of the estate in order to search for their 2 missing allies...Somewhere in a dirt field between 2 plateaus, Kay had arrived at a peculiar looking jumble of ruins, most of which were pillars. They were all slightly leaning to the side, but remained stationary on the ground. Kay stopped to glare at the ruins for a moment, but after taking a deep breath, he began to walk closer to them. This was where Turalan said he'd be. Kay was mentally preparing himself for the fight ahead, however, as he continued to approach the ruins...

"I see you decided to respond to his invitation..."

A familiar voice was heard. Kay turned around and was shocked to see that it was Doctrene, walking towards him with a very serious look on his face.

"Doctrene!? How did you-"
"I overheard your conversation with him last night..."

Knowing that the jig was up, Kay stared down at the floor, ashamed yet angry.

"You have a remarkable impulse, Kay. But that very same impulse can lead you astray if you don't learn how to control it. You have to think before you act..."

As Doctrene lectured him in a very stern manner, Kay kept staring at the floor, admitting to his dangerous sense of impulsiveness.

"I...I know...Sometimes my feet moves faster than my brain, I know that...But...After everything he's done...After everything that has happened, I can't forgive him..."

Doctrene was now standing next to Kay, gently placing his hand on his shoulder as he kept trying to talk to him.

"Kay. It's not about forgiveness. It's about acting when the time is right."
"But...You have to at least understand how I feel...Turalan, he just-"
"And it's because I understand how you feel that I'm trying to stop you."

But just as Doctrene uttered those words, a portal suddenly appeared in front of the ruins. The 2 turned their heads and saw Turalan calmly step out of it with a grin on his face. He locked eyes with Kay, who proceeded to stare daggers at him.

"So, you've made it. Well done."

But his congratulatory greeting at Kay was soured the moment he saw Doctrene next to him. He stared at the old veteran with practically a look of disgust.