Chapter 12 -East Bound-

Hours go by, and it was now noon. Kay was laying down on a bed inside one of the rooms on the second floor. It was the same one he was in last night. The bed wasn't as fixed up as Class' but still had some well kept comforters in a gray and white color scheme. Same thing went for the room itself, which only had one nightstand with a lamp on it. Kay was staring up at the ceiling, still deep in thought. Once he was done however, he got up from the bed and left the room. After making his way down the stairs of the main hall, he looked over at the leftmost empty room where Class was sparring yesterday, and saw Buch doing push ups. Kay chuckled a little before walking away. He peaked into the dining hall and saw Class showing Alan something on the table. There were a bunch of silver coins lined up in a row, going from smallest to largest.

"This one is worth 5 silva. This is 10 silva. And the largest one is 20 silva. Understand?"
"Ohhh, so the bigger the silva coins are, the more they're worth?"
"That's right. You catch on fast for a bumpkin."
"Bump-kin?"
"Don't worry about it."

Kay smiled tenderly at them both, especially at Alan, as he was learning more about money values. He then walked over to another room which was on the right and saw Kyle repairing a wall socket. The lid of the socket was off and he was trying to attach some loose wires together. After it caused a small spark, Kyle quickly pulled the wires back.

"Agh..."

As he was watching his friend focus intently on repairing the wall socket, Kay smiled and walked away. Everyone was occupied with a certain task, but Kay kept walking around with his hands in his pockets. He was clearly bored, but he was also content with just seeing what his friends were up to. He then opened a door to the backyard and saw Doctrene sitting and meditating under a tree. The very sight of his teacher made Kay become long in the face. He was still reflecting back on how impulsive he had been and how much Doctrene was trying to help him. Kay took a deep breath before walking over to him.

"Doctrene?"

He called out in a soft tone. Doctrene slowly opened his eyes and looked up at Kay, who was now standing before him.

"I...I'd like to start training now."
"Already?"

Kay nodded his head in assurance.

"Yeah. I don't mean to rush or anything. I just, wanna make up for lost time. Whatever lesson you have planned, I'm ready for it."
"Me too."

Alan said as he approached from behind. Kay turned around, confused by his sudden appearance.

"Alan?"
"If it's okay with you, I wanna be here to watch your training."
"Sure, I don't mind."

As the pair smiled at one another, Doctrene cracked a smile as well before standing up.

"Very well."
"So, how do we start?"
"Before we dive into any physical training, you'll need to know about the many different properties of magic, and the catalysts which they are bound to."
"Properties?"

Doctrene nodded his head.

"By learning this, you'll have a better understanding of what kind of power you're wielding."

Kay and Alan both prepared themselves for what they were about to hear, as their teacher began to speak.

"Magic is a balancing process which involves the utilization of the very facets of nature. In other words, it's the act of manipulating the natural forces that exists within our world."
"Natural forces...Like the wind?"

Alan asked. Doctrene nodded, confirming his answer.

"Correct. Obviously there's a limit to what human beings can control, but the amount of power that's unleashed depends entirely on the user. People who can do this are called "mystics." In order for magic to be done, a mystic has to infuse their own spiritual energy into a catalyst that conducts a certain nature."
"In your case it would be "sound" right?"