Is It a New Realization?

Narrator P.O.V.

The pair made their way inside the shop luckily having only but a few other people there to and they all looked about ready to leave. As they took their seats, the elderly male chef and owner made his way over to them and gave a big warm smile.

" Irashaimasen! How may I help you two gentlemen?" Ruki sniffed his little nose and crossed his arms leaning back a bit.

" I'll have the boiled chicken udon and fried rice please."

" And you?" the chef pointed at Reita who leaned forward against the counter they sat at and put his hands together. " I'll have what he's having." he smiled at Ruki who blushed and looked away.

" Very good! It will be out soon so in the meantime please, enjoy yourselves. I will bring the water that comes with your meal." the chef smiled again at his frequent customers and left to prepare their drinks. The two not only liked the food served here but also the great customer service they were offered and they were grateful for it.

" Hai, there you go." the elderly man returned with their drinks and Ruki grasped it in his hands and stared at it. Reita continued leaning on the counter and sat there silently, admiring Ruki's features though they were still hidden.

" Ruki, there's nobody here except us and the old man. You can take off all that disguisey stuff on your face ya know? Get comfortable." his eyes turned towards Reita confused. He's never asked him to do so before so why now?

" Why? It is comfortable." he mumbled and Reita only shook his head in disapproval.

" Well then, it would be a waste of such a beautiful face. It being hidden all the time is like never being able to see a snowflake in a box. It's right beside you and you know it's beautiful, but you can never see it..."

Reita looked downwards frowning slightly. During his speaking, Ruki's eyes widened fully behind his large designer sunglasses. Blushing furiously, he began to remove his beanie, mask, and lastly sunglasses. His friends face looked up to meet Ruki's cute dark eyes upon hearing him placing his accessories down beside him on the counter.

He grinned and leaned closer to Ruki. " You're one of a kind Ru, don't keep a box over yourself in front of me. Okay?"

He was speechless.

What on Earth was going on today?! he wondered if Aoi had sneaked something into one of his drinks again. The chibi's eyes were still wide, blush dusting his cheeks, and plump lips slightly parted in some form of a jaw drop.

" R-Reita. Why are you doing all of this so suddenly?" he finally popped the question. Reita was silent for a second then opened his mouth to reply when the chef appeared and placed their dinner bowls down in front of them. " Enjoy!" he said, his voice happy, then he left leaving the pair alone again.

This time though, it was silent except for the two quiet 'Idatakimasu' heard from them. ' Uh oh...' Ruki thought.

Ruki's P.O.V.

Should I not have asked that? Oh man I probably screwed this date up. Wait... date?! No no no no no, this was just a friendly outing, of course it's not a date! Silly Ruki... but, what about how unusual he was acting today? And why am I starting to act weirdly to? No Ruki! Stop! You are thinking way too hard about this. Damn it Reita, stop confusing me!

I hadn't noticed how long I've been racking my brain until I saw a pair of chopsticks being waved in front of my face and heard Reita's voice calling, "Oiiiii Ruki! Snap out of it."

I blinked a few times and shook my head. " Aah, gomen." I caught him giving me a concerned look but ignored it. Still in my thoughts, I picked up my utensils and ate. I was still starving after all.

Reita's P.O.V.

I couldn't help giving him a worried glance. Now that he's gone silent and started to zone out, I wonder if I might have said something wrong. Oh no, did I upset him when I asked him to remove his comfort? Aaaaah craaaaaaap.

Maybe I'm taking things too quickly, maybe I should just chill out or what if he's just thinking? Oh damn it, stop confusing me Ruki! Through my thoughts, I had finished eating and Ruki wasn't too far behind either so I lifted my bowl and gulped down the leftover broth, wiped my face, and called for the check. I heard the old man's 'Right away!' and he returned with the paper and a pen. I picked up the pen and was about to sign it when I heard Ruki speak in a quiet voice.

" No you don't have to pay for me. Really, you don't." I smiled and chuckled shaking my head.

" Nah, I gotcha Ru." turning back to the receipt I saw him blushing again then nodding.

"O-Okay."

Ruki's P.O.V.

What the- Now he's paying for me? Well actually, he always tries to, whether it be me, someone else, or all of us together, but now, it just seems different. I must be imagining things. Don't think so hard about it Ruki! He's probably only being nice to me today because I look stressed. I frowned at the thought.

"Well, I guess I'll be going now. Thanks for the dinner Rei, I'll repay you sometime." I stood up to take my leave and as I turned around towards the door, I heard Reita shoot up from his position and felt his big warms hands grab my upper arm causing me to stop in my place.

"Wait! Let me walk you. It's getting dark out, I don't want you going all alone."

I could only blink. Dear Lord! How many times will he make my heart stop then run a marathon!? It's only been one day and it feels like too much but, strangely, I can feel myself slowly beginning to like the attention...

TBC...

Yo yo yo guyzzzzz What did you think of this chapter?Please review^3^ Next part tomorrow as always and have a nice day (or night depending on where you live and when you read this XD)