1

"Lathan, bring these boxes inside" My mom nagged at me. I just woke up from a 3-hour nap, My mom got a new job so we moved to a new state. "ok mom" I said as I picked up some boxes to place in the living room.

Our new house is smaller than our old house, It's a single story 2 bedroom house with one bathroom. My mom said it's temporary because, with her new job, she will get paid more. She walked in right behind me with some boxes and placed them next to mines.

"Like it?" She asked in a hopeful tone. I hummed and nodded in response. I put my boxes in my room so when I'm ready I can unpack.

"Come help me bring these beds in" My mom shouted from the Uhaul truck. First, we pulled in her bed, and then mines we couldn't bring our bed frames so our mattresses will be on the floor for now.

"Unpack some before you go to sleep, I enrolled you in school so Sunday go to sleep early." My mom informed before heading to the door. "Wait where are you going?" "Out, with people from my new job... bye," She said then went out the door.

I can't believe she left me in this dark, small, new, scary house all by myself, we haven't unpacked the lamps so it's very dark in this bitch.

~

I started unpacking some boxes and then an hour later I heard someone knock on the door. "Who is it?" I asked through the door. "Yo daddy" He responded. I opened the door and gave him a hug. "Yo momma here?" He asked as he looked around the inside of the house. "No she left she'll be back" I informed him. He nodded and snickered before talking again.

"Ok well tell her I dropped off her car." He said as he put the keys in my hand. "Yo uncle in my car, come say hi." My "uncle" drove my dad's car while he drove my mom's car here.

"Hey unc'" "Wassguud Neph" He said as he dapped me up. I hesitated to touch him but it was too late. "Alright we out, bye Lathan," My dad said, hopping in the passenger seat. I get super nervous around my "uncle", and I started chewing on my shirt collar. "Take your shirt out of your mouth" my dad shouted from the window. I let out the biggest deep breath when they pulled off.

I walked back inside to finish unpacking before my mom gets home.

~
Monday

I woke up to my alarm and got in the shower. After the shower, I got out and did my hygiene, made sure my hair looked good, then put on clothes. I put on a white T-shirt, Blue jeans, and some AF1s, aka the most basic fit known to man.

My mom dropped me off at the side of the school because she doesn't want to embarrass me. Before I got out she said, "It may be everyone's first day, but this is your first day at a new school in a new state." I was so ready to jump out of that car.

When I walked in my stomach was turning. I stood at the back of the long line of kids trying to get their locker numbers and schedules. I was looking at people and almost everyone looked intimidating and scary.

Eventually, It was my turn, I got my schedule and my locker number. I headed to my locker to put my bookbag away and head to my first class, which I'm already late for.

I walked into the class and almost everyone turned my way as if I wasn't anxious enough. I headed straight to the back and I sat next to this very pretty girl with blonde hair. I sent a smile her way as I focused on what the teacher was talking about.

"I hate icebreakers, so I'm not going to force you guys to do them." Thank god. "So just socialize with the people next to you." The teacher explained. Before I even processed what the teacher said I saw a hand reach my way.

"Hey, I'm Asia" "Hey, I'm Lathan, you can call me Mosey." I Introduced myself as I shook her hand. I noticed most people knew people in this class from being in classes with them years prior.

~

I grabbed a Lunch and looked around, I saw Asia waving her hand to come here, So I decided to sit with her. "Guys, this is Mosey, he's in my first hour, he cool," She said as I sat down. I just awkwardly waved. "Wassup Mosey, I'm Killian, Ian for short" The guy next to Asia introduced himself.

"Hi I'm Micah," The girl next to me said. "Hey yall" When I looked away from Ian he had a nearly full tray of food, I looked back and it was empty. "You gon eat dat?" He asked pointing to my tray "Nah" I answered as I pushed it to him.

Asia rolled her eyes as she looked at Ian. "today we meeting up at Luther King park, you should come!" She invited me. "I'll see." As people started leaving Ian stood up and he was so fucking tall. Like he looks like he's almost a foot taller than me.

I stood up and went on with my day in the rest of the classes.

~

I texted my mom and told her I'm going to the park with some friends. After school, I pulled my phone out and used google maps to get there. 

"I didn't think he would come," Ian said while Micah was behind him sitting on a bench. And Asia was right on his side. I sat on the bench next to Micah, nodding at her as a greeting. "Babe you got the stuff?" Asia asked Ian. He hummed and pulled out edibles and cigarettes.

He gave everyone, including me, one of each, but didn't get himself any. I would never smoke so instead I ate the edible. You could say it's peer pressure, I just want to seem cool because I really want friends.

The rest of the night was literally nothing, I fell asleep on the bench with Micah. I woke up from Ian waking us up. "It's dark and I got to go..." He paused to pick up Asia. "Bye yall." He said as he left for his car.

"You need a ride?" Micah asked me, I guess she also has a car. "I'm good, I don't know my address but I know my way there," I said chuckling. She nodded and left, so I started making my way home.

Is anything going to happen to Mosey while walking home?

Why did his dad snicker when he found out Mosey was left alone?
Is he up to something?
Is something wrong with Mosey to where he can't be left home alone?

Why does Mosey get nervous around his "uncle"?